Friday, August 29, 2008

Spreading hips


This is the photo that really drove home to me that the creeping weight was starting to show. Of course it was after a week in Paris and 10 days in London, so all the eating and boozing with my sisters and my boy hadn’t helped. I used to be able to take those pants off without undoing them. Not anymore.

Nice story to the photo though. Jake and I are standing in front of the church in Willesden (NE London) where my parents got married – 53 years ago. Mum and Dad are were an ‘item’ at training college in Auckland. They both headed off on their OE in the early 50s – separately of course. They met up again in London, got married and stayed until Mum got pregnant with my oldest sister. The first time they went back was in their golden anniversary year – and they visited the church too.
Isn't my boy looking fine?

3 comments:

Julie's Journey said...

Your boy is looking fine, although my boy wants to know why he is wearing a Tottenham Hotspurs Tshirt? Lovely story about your parents by the way.

The Candid Bandit said...

I love you with Dark hair.

Yes, oh yes, your boy ~is~ lookin' mighty fine.

My mum loves documenting moments like the one your parents created in a big photo memory box. This would be perfect to matchup in something similar.

Thanks for showing us.

Anne said...

Lovely story:-) Jake is looking well.

Just caught up on your last couple of posts. The "Easily Derailed" one is where I seem to be right now. A couple of weeks away, eating and drinking, facing reality once more this morning. Hope we can spur each other on a bit:-)