Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hold your balls please

Okay, I didn't quite say it like that, but I certainly got a funny look from the waiter at our local Italian restaurant last night.

What I did say was "Can I have the spaghetti and meatballs without the meatballs, please?".

I love their spaghetti sauce. The meatballs, not so much.

My eating was dreadful last week. Days of over-indulging and WAY too much wine. And of course my weight has suffered. But there's no panic here yet.

Having read Anne's fabulous post about balance, I'm even more clear that I don't want to go back to a strict eating regime. I want to work out how I am going to eat for the rest of my life, so I can be healthy and maintain a healthy weight.

So, perseverance, my friends.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Thanks for the compliment!!

We seem to be in a similar place. I'm also working out how to eat / exercise for the rest of my life, learning the right balance - but still I'm going to have fun!

My man would have cracked up completely at your restaurant request. Spagetti and meatballs - without the meatballs - funny!

Julie's Journey said...

In desperate need of help - between you and Anne keep giving me hints so that I can find that balance too. Love the "no balls please".