Friday, September 19, 2008

Just when you thought it was safe...

I'd been lulled into that false sense of security September often brings. The blossom was coming out, my carrots were poking their leaves above the ground and I've been able to leave the house without 2 layers of merino underwear.

So spring must be here, right? Right!

So long as your accepted definition of spring is a few nice days interspersed with freezing cold rain and driving southerlies.

I do love Wellington weather, honest!

Mind you, I was lucky enough to have two glorious days in Christchurch early this week. Surely nothing can beat running in Hagley Park in the morning surrounded by spring blossom and daffodils.

Wish I had got out of bed to do it!

3 comments:

Chris H said...

BUGGER ME! It's not hard to get a card mate! I am gunna be bloody SAD now if one doesn't come from you... really! It's bloody hot here in Auckland.. I'm in t-shirts and short trou! Takes a bit of getting used to I can tell ya after freezing winter in Palmy!

Anne said...

Nothing kuje Wellington on a good day, but have not so fond memories of trying to walk bent double in the wind!

have a great weekend:-)

Anne said...

Must remember to check my typing!!! That should read "quite like"