Monday, September 22, 2008

Running fool

So, last week's training wasn't great as far as regular exercise, but there were a couple of good things going for it:
I did two run/walks, and on one of them I ran a total of 3km, which is the most I've done this year,
Craig put road tyres on my mountain bike for me (and we rode 18km). Man, are they faster and easier!

This week I'm doing some research into how to run properly. That might sound silly, but I've never looked at the techniques of running - which is surprising when you consider what a geek I am! I will spend my running time this week practicing a couple of things I hope will help.

If I'm going to force myself to run, I may as well be smart about it.

4 comments:

Marla said...

I recommend googling "chi running." For the brief period I ran, I found it very helpful.

Anne said...

Really isn't a silly idea. If you are going to run, you may as well have the right technique.

Chris H said...

Learn to run? Rather you than me babe... I have NEVER been able to run! Even when I was skinny and fit I'm hopeless!

Apple2Hourglass said...

I'd love to be able to run, sometimes I dream that i'm running and it feels so great. Maybe once I lose a bit more of this flab i'll give it a go. I think i'd be one of those people who don't look good running though, you know the kind I mean, right? :0)