Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Paddling muscles required

Have survived my first proper session with Karl - although some of it was learning the routine, so I probably wasn't pushed as hard as I will be when I go right through properly. Will put the programme on my sidebar when I can remember what's in it!

My favourite part - having someone else to push my stretches for me...

Oh, and I really love going to the gym during work hours because there is hardly anyone there.

He's given my some great upper body work, which I'm rapt about for two reasons - my shoulder still needs strengthening, and Craig and I are about to buy a couple of these:



No, not the small child - the sit-on-top kayak!

They only weigh 18kg, so we can carry them the 100m from our house to the beach, and also they're easy to put on top of the ute when we go away.

So we'll be one of those couples that arrive at the camping ground with all the flash gear - caravan, mountain bikes, kayaks. You know, the people that make you go "Oh sure, you really use all that stuff! We know it's just for show!".

4 comments:

Apple2Hourglass said...

Ha! I've seen those people - they're fit and tanned and I wish I was one of them!
Can't believe how fast the time has gone, you'll be glad to have your gorgeous boy back home, how exciting. Are you planning a big get together of everyone he knows and has missed over the last 20 months??

Anne said...

Except you really do use all the gear - not just for show!

Thanks for the suggestion re the aqua class without a belt, never thought of that and will be a way of making me work harder:-)

Janene said...

You'll love the kayaks! There's a lot of fun to be had in those... we have quite a collection now but luckily have stopped buying any more!

Julie's Journey said...

The more I read your posts the more envious I become. You are finally living a enviable life in a lovely place with a great man. Before the arthritis set in, kayaking was wonderful especially since I work by water and we have our own kayaks and canoes there. Enjoy they are fun.