Friday, October 03, 2008

Life keeps changing

It has been a really tiring couple of weeks as Craig has been closing up his business. Very stressful for him, coping with that, and migrating himself, his staff and his major client - to the same company I work for!

So now I get to call him the new boy and threaten him with the fact that I usually do all the process/systems training with the new staff. It has been decided I won't in this case, but no doubt I'll get to act as the after hours help desk.

This is a very good move for him, as he was really over running his own business and competing in such a tight market. Despite the stress of change, I can already see him starting to relax and enjoy his work again.

Luckily we don't have to work in the same offices - that would be just a bit too much time together.

We're going to have another nice quiet weekend at home and give the garden a good tidy up. Off to the caravan next weekend and our 50km ride at Waikanae. Will be interesting to see if having road tyres on our bikes improves the times much compared to last year. Must put the bike computer back on my bike so I can pace us properly.

BIG NEWS OF THE WEEK: Jake has booked his tickets home and will arrive in NZ on 2 December. I'm not allowed to tell his mates, though, as he wants to surprise them by turning up at some concert that's on here the next night. Can you imagine how excited I am that my boy will be home in a couple of months? Even if he is sporting this new addition to his body:

5 comments:

Anne said...

That's so exciting having your Jake back again!! Imagine his friend when he turns up. I like the tatt!!

Lots of changes in your life, sounds a good change.

have a great weekend:-)

Anne said...

Oops - wasn't saying Jake has only one friend - should read friendS.

Chris H said...

Enjoy having your son back! LOVE him new tatto, that is exactly what Stew and I are planning on having on our bods soon... somewhere!

Marla said...

OUCH! What a painful place to get a tat!

Julie's Journey said...

I can remember how excited I was last November when Gareth came home and he was only o/s for 6 mths. Everything is looking rosy isnt it. Couldnt happen to a nicer person.