Monday, November 10, 2008

Just stuff...

Well, our general election may not have been as high profile nor as exciting as the American presidential race, but it has been an interesting weekend.

I thought Helen’s concession speech was wonderful, but could everyone please stop talking about her as if she died? All her opponents who have been unable to utter a good word about her for years are suddenly offering up glowing tributes.

Still, sincerity never had any place in politics…

Less than a week till the duathlon now. I’m mostly excited about it, but have moments of questioning my sanity. I have reached the conclusion that I always need an event or specific activity to aim and train for. It helps me so much with my focus and I really enjoy feeling myself improving and getting fitter.

Speaking of looking forward to things – just a few weeks now till Jake gets home. I’ve been getting texts from lots of different countries lately – I gave him a three week Contiki tour for his 20th birthday, so he’s having a last blast around Europe before heading back to NZ. Oh, and he’s having a week staying with friends in Greece as well!

Having my boy home is definitely going to be the best Xmas pressie.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think that Jake will have changed much in the time that he's been away?

Good luck with the Duathlon. Are you ready for it?

Marla said...

What, you guys had an election? :-)

This presidential race has completely occupied my entire brain; no ability to notice anything else in the universe.

Anne said...

Bet you are looking forward to having your boy in the same country!

Margaret said...

I love that my boy has returned from the UK, but he's eating me out of house and home, still wouldn't have it any other way..Good luck for the coming event.

Rachel said...

Good luck in your duathlon next week, your gonna nail it!!!!

What a good mummy you are giving Jake 3 weeks of drinking and having fun before he gets home.

Anonymous said...

hey Sue wont be able to send a message later in the week so am sending u well wishes now and you GO GIRL

luv and hugs Felicity

Anne said...

Just in case you dont' post again before the duathlon - best of luck! I'm sure you will all do well and another achievement done and dusted for you!

Kathryn said...

Good luck with the duathlon! I think it's only a problem if you DON'T do things that make you question your sanity - how boring would life be that way?

You must be so excited about Jake coming home.

Margaret said...

Wow. I think the last time I came here was not long after Jake had left. So many things have changed in that time. Your house. Your caravan (and I don't think that officially makes you trash LOL)

Hope the duathalon was a smashing success..