Saturday, June 18, 2011

It just keeps getting better

There are so many things we love about our new lifestyle.

And I've just found another one.

I can commit to planning my weeks (the next eight) around my exercise, not shoe-horning exercise into a packed working/sleeping/living schedule.

We have no major work commitments over the next couple of months, apart from some writing work for me which is pretty flexible. We're staying in a lovely little town with quiet, flat streets and very little traffic - therefore no traffic pollution either. And there's even a room here I can use for weight-training when the weather is wet (I have my handweights etc with me).

So everything is in place, I just have to make sure I keep my head in order too.

With so much free time I could just make vague plans about when I'll exercise. But I know enough about myself to know that won't work.

Sunday evenings will be used to plan for the week ahead. I've already decided Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday will be my Up & Running days, so I'll need to decide what else I'll do that week - weight training, cycling, hiking, etc. I'm aiming for four hours of planned exercise each week; it would be very easy to miss that target without sufficient planning. There are plenty of beautiful walks around here we haven't done yet - and that way Craig is included in some of the exercise too.

We're expecting to leave Whitianga around 20 July, so then I'll just have to adapt the plan. Because we don't know where we'll be heading - another thing we love about our lifestyle!

1 comment:

Anne said...

The only draw back to me finding work now will be lack of time to do the things I want. Your lifestyle sounds like heaven. I will miss you in Whitianga this time around as I arrive up there at the very end of July. Next time....