Thursday, June 16, 2011

Body check

How is my body feeling at the moment? When we start the first week of the training plan next week, am I going to feel the lack of regular exercise?

Craig and I went for a bit of a walk today. Not to the local beach or even to the pub for a drink (although we did that later). We walked into New Chums Beach (other blog post here), which takes about 20 minutes each way.

It's not a difficult walk, but does offer a few challenges: wet feet, rock hopping, mud scrambling, up over a little hill and plenty of sand walking.

So, how does my body feel tonight? Well, ankles are a bit sore and I'm a little tired from all that lovely fresh air, but at no stage did I find it too difficult.

I feel like my general fitness is pretty good. But that doesn't mean next week isn't going to hurt.

The reward for our walk.

No comments: