Friday, May 20, 2005

That's two stone to us oldies!

Yep, another kilo lost this week. That's 12.8 so far, closing in fast on my first big goal of 14 kilos. Whenever I feel tempted to stray off track, I think: 'If you blow it this week, it will take a week longer to reach your goal'. So far, that's worked for me.
Apart from all the regular exercise I'm now getting (have a look at My Goals on the link to the right), I've made a conscious effort to increase the extra activity I work into my day. They all sound a bit trivial, but they must add up:
  • I live in a 3 storey house. When I need to use the bathroom, I go to a different floor
  • At the supermarket, I choose a carpark as far from the front door as I can get
  • I usually take my lunch to work, but I still go out at lunchtime for a 10 minute walk

1 comment:

Leighanne said...

I am in a 2 storey house and I do the same thing when going to bathroom. I also do it when I need to answer the phone!