Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Who decided Tuesday night was meeting night?

Usually it's rugby committee on Tuesday night, about once a month. They're hard enough to cope with. The others (all men) decided we should have the meetings at 7.30, so there would be time to have dinner before they came to the meeting. Who has time to get home from work and have dinner before leaving the house at 7.20 to go to a meeting? Obviously not anyone who has to do the cooking! Their wives must put dinner on the table for them! I just have a snack before the meeting and eat something afterwards. No worries.
But last night was an underwater hockey meeting. The parents wanted to talk about fundraising to go to Nationals this year. AND they're all idiots! They got all caught up in what tee shirts and jackets and track pants the boys should wear. What about airfares and accommodation? And they play underwater hockey in Speedos! So who cares about all that other stuff? A nice tee shirt is enough.

So, by the time I got home I was really grumpy - which makes me hungry. And I needed a drink.
So I cleaned my stainless steel stove top. Thoroughly. It's 3 months old and trust me it wasn't that dirty. It is very clean now. And I felt better afterwards and didn't blow my points.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

The world is full of idiots. But at least you have a nice clean sparkling stove ;). Mmmm underwater hockey! How does one watch such a game? Is the pool aboveground and clear sided so you can see in? How do you play? In scuba gear? And how many points do you earn screaming so loudly so that the people underwater can hear you? LOL

Well done for not blowing your points. You are so in control now.. Have a great day :)

Sue said...

Underwater hockey - flippers, mask, snorkel, stick about 30cm long, puck (like ice hockey) which slides along the bottom of a 2m deep pool. Great for aerobic fitness, not much fun to watch. And NZ won the world champs last year!