Saturday, August 06, 2005

Don't you wish your girlfriend was a freak like me?

That's me - the freak!
I remember when Fridays were for having a few drinks at the office, going home for takeaways and collapsing in front of rugby - or a movie if it's not rugby season - and a few more drinks.
Not now.
Friday night this week consisted of:
1. Leave work at 4pm and go buy a new washing machine because ours completely died this week. That poor salesman - 'I want THAT machine, but only if you've got one out the back, because I'm taking it with me'! He had a very startled look on his face.
2. Go to Wholly Bagels and buy a platter of smoked salmon mini-bagels because we're going to a PARTY! And that way I know the points value of at least one thing in the room. And who had time to actually MAKE anything?
3. Go home, take the dog for a 5km walk, including plenty of hill work. Exercise? On a Friday night? Sue, you are a changed woman!
4. Help Mark lug the new washing machine up two floors and install it, put on the first load to test it. This is the girl who doesn't actually lift stuff, she just organises.
5. Shower, change, tart myself up. Okay, nothing unusual there - apart from the fact that I feel great about how I look.
6. Out the door at 7.40, pick up my lovely sister and get to the surprise party by 8pm. Because Linda thinks Paul is taking her out for dinner - until about 80 people turn up bearing food and bottles.
7. Spend a few hours in the company of some charming and intelligent people. I know they were charming and intelligent people because they kept telling me how great I look.
8. Go home, put some rugby jerseys in to wash. Because I'm saving the club money by not using the laundry service. And I've had 20 smelly, muddy jerseys sitting in my laundry all week since the washing machine sucked the big one. And Saturday is game day.
9. Pass out.

14 comments:

Felicity said...

phew I am exhausted just reading about your evening. Great to hear u got lots of compiments they would hae ahd to be blind if they hadn't noticed a nearly 30 k loss. Go Sue

Mary said...

Oi, freaks are some of the best people I know. At least they're interesting ;-)

This is another great post Sue. You write so well. I like that the guests were intelligent, especially because they kept telling you how great you looked LOL :-) You would have felt awesome, whoot! You deserve it too. See, the gain has no bearing at all. I hope you have a great weekend!

CaramelKitKat said...

They always say if you want something done, give it to a busy person. It also makes the weekend feel longer if you make the most of Friday nights, and I'm always for longer weekends! Hope the rest of it is just as porductive ;o)

Anonymous said...

You deserve to pass out after a day like that! Have a great weekend!

Leighanne said...

Wow what a day! - the lod you would have passed out before the walk!!!
Well done:)

M@rla said...

Exercising on a Friday afternoon! Yes, that's the hallmark of a changed attitude and life! Good for you, you're working so hard. And cheers to the end of the smelly rubgy jerseys sitting around.

Me said...

YAY for charming and intelligent people !!! Well done on getting it all done. Hope you have a chance to catch your breath over the weekend !
Me

Suzy said...

You are so busy! Yay for the compliments!

Margaret said...

Love it.

Favourite line:

I know they were charming and intelligent people because they kept telling me how great I look.

I have friends like that now too ;)

Rachel said...

Hi Sue
at least your Friday nights are interesting, albeit hectic and unusual - but healthy, at the same time! My Friday nights consist of being on the enquiries desk at the library, fielding unusual enquiries ("why isn't the library open 24 hours?" - all the while suppressing my urge to slap the patron silly!). I may be in a library on a Friday night, which is "uncool", but I'm not as uncool as those 10-15 20-somethings that hang out on my floor playing Magic Cards until dead-on closing time (9pm). I've termed Friday night "Geek Night" ; )

Kate said...

Lol - sounds like a great day to me!! :-)

michelle said...

Gain one day and feel great about yourself the next. Sue you are a living legend!! Your attititude to your weight loss is positively super impressive. Glad you had such a lovely night with such inspirational people.

Jules said...

I definitely remember when Friday nights used to consist of number 9 on more regular occasions than should be mentioned!! It just shows how far you can come with a great attitude and a bit of motivation. And as for the intelligence of your peers at the party. Too damn right!!!

Jaykay said...

I bet you've already lost that 1/2 kg gain. I feel exhausted just reading about your friday night!!

Have a great week.