Friday, January 20, 2006

Tag

Here's the stuff-about-me tag. Keep watching for the fridge pic as suggested by AGR - I think it might need a clean first!

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Estimator at a printing company, but about to stage a coup and take over as production manager.
Wearing size 20/22 clothes.
Suffering through Jake's '7 year old boy' stage. That's right girls, he wasn't always perfect!
2. What were you doing a year ago?
About to move into a brand new house (which we still haven't paid for because it still isn't quite finished).
Starting to plan for my 40th birthday bash.
Wearing size 24/26 clothes but hatching a plan to do something about it.
Skiting to everyone about my perfect teenager.
Selling over 600 of my books on the internet. Along with lots of furniture and other stuff - moving from a 5 bedroom house to 3 bedrooms required drastic action.
3. Five snacks I enjoy:
Answering this isn't as much fun as it would have been a year ago!
Vine-ripened tomatoes chopped up, sprinkled with lime juice and smothered in freshly ground salt and black pepper.
The divine coffee friands from the cafe round the corner from work (an occasional 2.5 point treat).
A mini Callipo ice block.
WW raspberry jelly with fresh strawberries set into it.
WW French Vanilla ice cream, with two of my home-made brandy apricots chopped over top.
4. Five songs to which I know all the lyrics:
Not counting the hundreds of show tunes I know!
Welcome Home - Dave Dobbyn
Slim Shady - Eminem
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynard Skynard (sp?)
The Rose - Bette Midler
Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson
5. Five things I would do if I were a millionaire
Buy my man whatever motorbikes his heart desired.
Hold the next sisters' meeting in Prague instead of Noosa (my treat girls).
Shop. Tirelessly.
Help Jake set up a business when he qualifies in whatever he's going to do (still undecided between plumber, builder and personal trainer).
Take the 1st XV on tour to Japan.
6. Five Bad Habits:
Getting up at 5am, no matter what day it is.
Correcting people's grammar in conversation (usually only in my head, but it's still vile).
Not believing that someone else might know more than I do.
Talking too much about my weight loss.
Not taking my make-up off before bed.
7. Five Things I Enjoy Doing:
Going to the gym - sorry, that's sick.
Sex.
Having the house to myself, turning off all the TVs and stereos and lying on the couch reading a book (in the past there would have been a box of chocolates in this scene).
Organising sports trips, tournaments etc.
Having dinner at the table, all together as a family - even though there are only three of us, this is much harder to arrange than it sounds!
8. 5 Things I Would Never Wear
A hat to the races (still can't get over years of yelling at boys to take their hats off at the table).
White - I'm a dirt magnet.
Heels higher than 2cm - it cost years of pain and $3000 to get my feet fixed, not going there again.
Anything that shows the broken veins covering my thighs; a rule I have to break to swim.
Shoe string straps.
9. Five favourite toys:
ipod.
Laptop.
My home PC for playing Sims 2.
The kitchen.
Other people's minds.

6 comments:

missy vas said...

I love reading these things - you find out so much about people! Thanks for your lovely comments. Am feeling better about the baby bump by the hour!! vx

Suzy said...

Great post!

My dear daughter and dear grand-daughter gave me Sims 1 the other day to install. After hours of playing around, setting up my family of 4 etc, the Sims started to talk. I had never heard them before and I thought I had done something wrong. I thought they were speaking some foreign language and no matter what I did they wouldn't speak English. I un-installed everything!
Told my girls about it and ended up the laughing stock of the house because the Sims were just speaking their own Sims language and I didn't realise!
I will re-install and get hooked at a later date (when the girls stop laughing at me!).

Have fun!

Ang said...

oh you are one cool chick!!
I loved the sims, haven't played for AGES!!
Great song - Banana pancakes. We went to the Jack Johnson concert in Welly, and someone in the crowd had a giant Banana and Jack started having a good ol laugh, fun times!!! Guess it was one of those "had to be there" moments.

Ps I hope my grammer and spelling aren't toooooooo bad!

Take care
A

Felicity said...

Sue hope your trip to Sydney isn't b4 5th/6th May when I'll be in Wellington cause I so want to meet ya my cyber friend.

Briony said...

I correct grammar too, but mostly I really do it, especially if its the girls at work. Don't they teach English at school anymore for goodness sake????? I'm also one of those anal people who writes SMS messages in full. No "gr8" or "n e way" on my phone!!
Bah Humbug!!
Bri

Margaret said...

Playing with people's minds - you!! Never...