Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Entirely at random

It is currently not safe to leave me alone in the house with a container of ice cream and a spoon. In fact, I could manage even if the spoon wasn't there.

My supposed 15km training ride is actually 19km. Rode it last night (in a brisk northerly) in 1 hour and 5 minutes. First aim is to get it under 1 hour.

My man is in New Plymouth this week - that should mean a new tee-shirt for me!

Jake being captain of the dragon boat team this year has unexpected benefits at home. After five races on Saturday, leading the starts and making the reach calls has left him with no voice. So he can't sing in his frightfully toneless voice for a while. Although he has managed to record himself singing 'Living on a Prayer' and set it as the ring-tone on his phone!

Will I ever get over the feeling that the Hurricanes will break my heart again this season, even though they're looking so good?

It's a good idea, when locking up your car and leaving it in the carpark for the day, to also close the driver's window.

How weird does it still feel, as a previously sedentary Mum, to be talking about pyramid runs, fatigue training zones and the best piriformis stretch with your teenager?

I think I might re-join WW (haven't been part of the At Home scheme since about September, although I have continued to follow the programme). This might help me with the motivation I need to lose the last 10 kilos and I can have a good look at No Count as well. Any thoughts on this, folks?

14 comments:

Me said...

Closing the drivers window is always a good idea !!!
I had a look at No Count and worked out that it was just not for me. I found it be quite inflexible and rigid. I am of the feeling of sticking with what works and for me it is definitely the Points way.
Good luck - will keep an eye out to see which you decide on and if you go the No Count way, your success. There have been many people for whom this works and I think that is great because this is really about what suits you.
Cheers and have a great week !
Me

Briony said...

I haven't been to a WW meeting since last October I think. I am okay doing it on my own. I know where i'm going wrong and what I have to change and actually i've realised that exercise is my main thing that I need to sort out. Just as soon as I get rid of this ridiculous head cold. Have a great day,
Bri

Anne said...

Everyone's different but I really do feel the WW meeting help me keep focused - not always so much the content of the meeting but quite often the people.

I also found the No Count not very flexible - I feel it may give my body a kick start but we usually have something on when it would hard to foloow it!

Mmmmm - know what you meant about the Hurricanes!!!

Kris said...

I love the No Count but I have only done it for 2 weeks but at first I was a bit afraid of starting it but then realised it was easier for me to stick to.

Kris:)

Ang said...

You seem to be doing fantastically without ww. I only know of one person doing no-count at my ww meeting. It all seems a bit scary for me! Can't hurt having a look at it tho ay

Karen said...

Yes closing the window is often a good thing to do when one parks and locks their car! LOL
And in regards to the comment you left on my journal - don't be afraid to come up to me if you see me in the street - I don't bite! LOL Would love to meet you one day :) And hey if it wasn't me - the person would just think you were nuts! hehehe But hey we all know you're not! :)

Chubbymum said...

I think that you should do what you think is best and if you think that you need that extra motivation then it is worth going back to WW if it helps... if it helps it is worth it.

Love CM

Kt said...

i think joining back up sounds like a great idea to motivate you to lose those final few kgs!

Julie's Journey said...

I rejoined WW in January and tried the No Count but worked out it just was not for me. Am subscribing to e-tools now and tracking my points and finding it hard to eat my 20 points a day when it is just a normal day. (Have no trouble when eating points and more when I go out.) Good luck.
:o)

Kathryn said...

Icecream is my one safe treat - I've had some in the freezer for ages. Chocolate on the other hand...

It's good having sons that are into sport. Andrew did sports education at school and at the time I told him off for doing the "soft option' but now he's my reference for all that stuff :) Although the first time he mentioned fartleks, i thought he was making a stupid joke!

Cinders said...

wow Sue, do u realise what u wrote?? "the last 10 kilos". How fantastic. I'm sure u will find the motivation to say bye bye to them forever.

Lucinda said...

Now I remember why I don't have a freezer :)

That Wellington idea isn't too bad...it's got me thinking :)

Margaret said...

Straws work really well with ice-cream. You just have to leave it out for a bit ;D

Mary said...

Mmm, icecream. We can't have icecream in the house...ever or I scoff the lot in one sitting!

Good luck with re-joining WW. It sounds like a good idea if you find that you are lacking motivation. I hope you find a good meeting. I never stayed for my meetings because of my leader so I turned to blogging but I have met a lot of great girls that I catch up with now outside of the meetings. I still go to weigh in monthly and see them for 5-10 mins. It's a great way to meet more people in your community :-)