Monday, February 20, 2006

Whew!

What a great weekend that was - the relay was a smashing success!

Our walkers/runners started at 11pm on Friday and finished the 160km at 4.37pm on Saturday. It was an amazing effort by everyone and lots of fun as well.

I didn't do a leg - just stayed at the motel making sure everyone was fed and watered, awake in time to go out on the course for their leg and rubbed down when they got back! Didn't go to bed at all on Friday night.

A very relaxed week food-wise after my triathlon has led to an upward creep in my weight; nothing I'm particularly worried about. I can't imagine the weekend will have helped much, as I ate whatever I wanted to - staying up for 36 hours means you constantly crave carbs.

So, it's Monday again (coming to work was a bit of a let-down after the weekend), and I'm trying hard to bring my eating back into line - and back into the exercise this week too!

6 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

I'm so pleased you had a great weekend. I have no doubt you'll get that eating back in line because you're definitely one determined woman with mighty strong willpower.

BTW Belated congrats for last week. I thought about you last Sunday but been far too busy to msg. I thought your photos were absolutely fantastic. I thought WOW!!! Is that the same Sue. You're fantastic.

Mary said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend to be a part of. Monday's always seem to get in the way too but then there's more to look forward to :-) Have a great week!

Briony said...

What a great weekend. Glad you had such a good time. I'm sure you'll reign yourself though, amazing woman that you are!
Have a great week.
Bri

Anne said...

Your weekend sounded full on but fun! Great effort by them all - but then they did have a fantastic support crew!

You will get the eting part back into line - good luck:)

Felicity said...

u rock

Margaret said...

Well done to the whole team - and their amazing support crew. Not sure I could go 24 hours without a sleep now LOL.

Well now you have your next event to train for and to prepare your eating plan for, so your body will spring right back into training mode and get rid of that gain.

You sound great Sue - I think the rest has been very good for you :D