Friday, April 28, 2006

Of course, I blame my sisters!

Oh, I don't blame them for any of the important, existential stuff!

I'm just choosing to blame them for the fact the report I was supposed to write last night is still a jumble of words in my head, instead of an email in P's inbox.

Auckland sister and Wellington sister popped round for a couple of quiet gins last night. And we did only have a couple of gins, and they were only here for about an hour, but somehow by the time they left I had quite lost the impetus for report-writing.

And now I think I'll choose to blame my blog-sisters for the fact I'm still not writing my report. It's 4am and an ideal time to get it out of the way, but I've been surfing blogs instead.

But I really can't find anyone to blame for the fact I've had another out-of-control (food) week and have just recorded my second gain in a row.

This isn't a major crisis. But it is a small, lost-my-focus crisis. And it threatens to become more if I can't click onto whatever is causing it.

I spent some time yesterday thinking about switching back from NoCount to the points plan, or signing up to use the WW online tools. But that's not the answer. I have all the tools I need and I know how to use them. There's a mental switch somewhere that's sitting in the 'Off' position - I just need to work out how to turn it back on.

Now, maybe I could blame a server crash for my missing report...

11 comments:

Anne said...

The 'of' switch is a such a good way to describe what happens. LOL - hope yours turns on soon!

Lucky lady sharing time with your sisters.

Suzy said...

The difference now is you KNOW you need to find your focus again and you won't let the weight keep creeping on. You have come too far and achieved too much to let anything get in the way of reaching your goal.
"click", there, I have turned your focus switch back on for you!

Kathryn said...

Damn sisters! I hope you got the report done.

Arrrgghh - a houseful of teenagers sounds awful. I used to always ask my son if I was the "sucker mum" cos I always seemed to have all the kids over at my house. But, as you say much better that than having them out on the streets. Poker seems to be huge with the kids at the moment.

Margaret said...

The 'on' switch is there but is currently hidden by a great body, a happiness with where you are at the moment, under layers of clothes that fit and look great on you, under a feeling of satisfaction that is slightly greater than the need to finish the job.

Perhaps the switch is not 'off' it's just set to 'mute' at the moment.

This part of the journey is so frustrating and maddening and can feel like you are losing control, but you are not. Flicking that switch is different for everyone and for some it takes longer than others but just keep moving and minimise the temptations and you should be fine. Either than or plan to climb a mountain and get into training mode again!

Have a great weekend Sue.

Lee-Anne said...

my mental "on" switch goes into hiding when the "off" switch goes on and I have to look real hard for it too. You'll switch it on again. I bet you find it soon.

Me said...

I think that there may be a couple of us looking for our 'on' switches !! Let me know where you find it when you do (because I know you will !)
We have a 3 day weekend this weekend which makes a 4 day week next week again for us - I too love the holidays but finding it really difficutl to keep track of the days - I even forgot to pick up the old lady over the road who I give a life to every Wednesday morning !!!!!!
Have a great 2 day weekend and look after yourself !
Me

Cinders said...

Have a great weekend Sue. Isn't time spent with sisters the best? Enjoy xx

Ang said...

Good luck finding that switch! (asap)

Mary said...

LOL maybe once the gin's worn off, you can find the switch again. It's there but it wants you to find it! None of this spoon fed business for you missy ;-)

CaramelKitKat said...

4am??! What did you do, pull an all-nighter?!! Crazy woman.

Gin is just one of those drinks. It might seem all very civilised, but it's a sneaky one and can be rightly blamed for a myriad of wrongs.

I have no doubt that you will get back to losing this week, you've just had a pitstop, changed your tyres, and are now ready to cross the finishing post at full speed. In line with M's post, why don't you pinch her idea and buy some smaller Reg Grundies?

Ails said...

I don't know if this going to help but I read this on someone's blog and it has stuck in my head ever since(apologies to the lovely woman I've stolen this from whom I can't remember) - "Just do it anyway". You've got all the tools you need, so despite that you mentally feel that you have lost your way, just pull your socks up and do it, defy what your head says - write that report, eat well, throw on your runners and get out there - and hopefully your mind or the "on" switch will catch up to your physical side. This sounds kinda simplistic (and maybe I haven't got my point across correctly), but I hope you get what I mean :)