Friday, May 05, 2006

Improvement

I've certainly had a better week - a loss of 2.2kg. But recently each good week has been followed by a bad week, so I need to keep the mental discipline going.

My progress in my three focus areas:
Water - drinking plenty, but still want to up my evening consumption (gin and water doesn't count).
Steps - lots of these. Daily average over 12,000 - I'll post my week's worth on Monday when I update my exercise plan. Two benefits from wearing the pedometer - I like knowing how much I'm doing, and it prompts me to do a bit extra, like going for a walk at lunchtime.
Scales - clearly my scales have a borderline personality disorder. I ignore them all week and they're much nicer to me on Friday.

I tried yoga for the first time this week. As I'm a complete novice, I got the WW yoga and pilates (haven't tried the pilates yet) DVD - it was on special. I really enjoyed it and discovered which parts of my body are REALLY inflexible. I think I will get bored with this basic level one fairly quickly, so I'd love any suggestions from you yoga girls out there about what DVD to get next.

Another highlight from my week was meeting Felicity (and Janine very briefly too). There is something so special about meeting bloggers in the flesh. Felicity has obviously been having a great (and very active) holiday. I wonder how she'll ever find time to write about it all on her blog!

Sorry about the lack of comments on your posts lately - I've been reading as you update but haven't had much time to comment. Please don't think I don't love you anymore!

First real game of the rugby season for Jake tomorrow - I'm probably more nervous about it than he is! It's always good to get into the proper season after all this pre-season stuff. Last week I learned how to strap his thighs for when he's lifted in the lineout - including strips of foam rubber under the tape to make little 'handles' at the front. The funniest part was watching him take all the tape off afterwards. He takes it off very, very slowly, because he doesn't want to lose all the hair off his thighs - and there is a lot of hair. He really doesn't want to turn up to underwater hockey in his speedos with big bald patches on his legs.

Mark is picking up his new bike today and is beside himself with excitement. We'd better get some fine weather in the weekend - if he can't ride it he won't be much fun to live with.

So, another week of discipline for me should see me through this slump/plateau - the 70s are looming!

13 comments:

Kate said...

Wow, fantastic loss!! Your plan is working, well done :-)

So close to those 70s now!!

Kathryn said...

Well done. That's a great loss :)

Anne said...

You're away again!! Great effort Sue. Love the bit about ignoring the scales during the week and then they are nicer on Friday:)

And I'm going to try and take on board the no drinks until I've done 9,000 steps - better get walking as still under 800!

Learning Leaders said...

Congrats on the loss.....you must feel great. I just can't seem to get the ignoring the scales thing going - I am obsessed - now I weight myself morning and night...this has to stop 8-) Have a great weekend and hope the weather is kind to you.lb.

Cinders said...

Excellent!! What a fantastic loss. Have a great weekend.

Kellee said...

Wow, I can't believe you're nearly in the 70s! You must be pinching yourself... or trying to - there mustn't be much of you left to pinch! Sounds like you've well and truly recovered from your 'naughty' weeks where you've gained. Here's to continued motivation and another great loss next week.

michelle said...

That is an amazing loss Sue, you will definitely be a 70's girl soon. You just amaze me...oh I used that word didn't I? Thats because I truly am amazed... Have a good weekend.

Karen said...

Wow great loss chickeee!! :) And yes those 70's are just around the corner for you and I am sure you will get there next week.
I had a giggle at the thought of Jake taking the tape off slowly to save his hairs! LOL

Chubbymum said...

Woohooo what a fantastic loss.. you deserve every bit of it hun. What an inspriation.

Love CM

Kt said...

fantastic loss Sue!

CaramelKitKat said...

Gee whiz Sue, that's a sensational loss - go you! I suggest you reward your scales' renewed attitude by taking them shopping for some new shoes ;op.

Mary said...

WOW, what a loss! Well done :-) Walking is so good too, don't underestimate the power. I feel like I am talking He-Man/She-Ra talk now LOL.

YAY for trying Yoga. My ultimate favourite DVD is Shiva Rea's Shakti Yoga. It's definitely right up there as challenging and a fantastic use of the DVD medium. Lots of choices with the workouts offered which you can mix up and vary to suit. But I wouldn't attempt it until you got a handle on your asanas (postures) first. I wouldn't recommend it as a beginners. Let me know if you want a copy!

Felicity said...

Was awesome catching up with you also Sue. Yes could be a few days b4 I get to writting up my blog with my holiday. Had a great nite sleep last night but hubby has woken up with a cold, hope he keeps it to himself. See you next trip to Wellington.