Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Gluttony

Not your standard type of gluttony, though. Nope, I didn't inhale a 2 litre tub of hokey pokey icecream sprinkled with a crumbled Flake or six. Nor did I chow down on a blue-grilled T-bone steak with crispy kumara fries smothered in garlic mayo.

Uh-uh, none of the straightforward food-based gluttony for me.

I am officially a glutton for punishment.

Obviously my exercise schedule isn't enough for this masochist. I can't be satisfied with six gym workouts, 2 aqua classes and learning to skip.

Tonight I let the boss talk me into going to boxing with him.

One hour of punch combinations, bag work, pushups (I still do girls' ones), squats and killer ab stuff to finish it off. And we started with 5 minutes of skipping - during which I only stopped half a dozen times due to entanglement issues.

I'm now sitting in my hotel room (I'm in Auckland) quietly aching. I suspect that might turn into pretty damn rowdy aching by morning.

And, yes, I loved it.

By the way to the Auckland bloggers: I'm only in Auckland one night this week, but starting the week after next I'll be here three days a week for at least a month. We'll have to get something organised...

12 comments:

Kathryn said...

Go you! Did they play the rocky music? Every time I go to boxing they play, like they are the only ones to think of it!

Kt said...

wow, if thats gluttony, then i say go gluttony!!!!!!

M@rla said...

Wow, good for you! I think boxing looks exciting, and obviously it's a killer workout.

Anne said...

A real glutton if you ask me!! Great work Sue and great you are enjoying it.

Rachel said...

Way to go Sue - I bet you are aching today but at least it is giving your body something different.
Excellent effort with the skipping as well (I was never a skipper).

I just loved the 'rocky music' comment by kathrynoh....hehehe

Felicity said...

Wow I always liked the idea of boxing but hell if u have to go thru all that before u even get to hit anything I think I'll give it a miss.
I couldn't skip as a kid so sure as heck don't think I'll be trying it in the near future...always said it was my height the rop needed to be too long and would loose the tention when it got to my head and dangle...thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
Enjoy Auckland hope the weather is nice to u.

Mary said...

LOL at the Rocky music comment. I love that achy feeling and hell yeah, go you!

Melli said...

Oh my goodness! You GO girl! If you're going to be gluttonous about something I suppose you've chosen the best thing! (i'm thinking i would have gone for the ice cream... topped with guilt!) Good on you!!! I'm going to be starting my Walk Off The Pounds with Leslie Sansone cd tomorrow. Hoping this will be something to vary with my pedaling! I was visiting a friend who's gotten in to Tai Chi today ... and that sounds very interesting - but I think it would kick my booty right now! I don't think I'm ready for anything quite as aggressive as Tai Chi ... or boxing! I would like to take a yoga class though! ;)

Rachel said...

You have been tagged mate........go and read my blog and see what I am talking about.

Serendipity said...

Boxing is great for arms muscle...but I especially like the way it lets off my stress and anger if I am just angry about nothing in particular!

Ails said...

Wish I had your passion for 'your' type of gluttony! You're like that little energiser bunny, you just keep going and going and going!

Hi said...

Hey Sue! You've been tagged! Check out my blog for the rules! Keep up the good work!