Friday, August 04, 2006

Pine trees, noisy birds and other ramblings

I woke during the night with a snuffy nose and a sore throat.

Yeehaw!

Why would I be happy about this? Because I know it's caused by the pollen from the pine tree out front. And that means that spring is just around the corner.

This was reinforced this morning by hearing a bird tweetering before I heard the first international flight leave the airport (which happens just after 6am) so the days are definitely getting longer.

I can cope with the effects of hay fever (with the assistance of a few chemicals) better than I can cope with the effects of winter.

We had an early, hard winter this year and I am well over it. Now it seems spring is just around the corner and surely my spirits will rise.

I had a 300 gram loss this week, so I now have to lose 1.5kg to meet my end of August goal of 76kg.

Jake managed to crash his car yesterday (it's okay Gran, he's fine) after losing the back end on a sharp corner in the wet. Because we only have 3rd party insurance on that car it may not be worth fixing. And, of course, he was counting on selling it to pay for part of his trip next year. Oh well, he'll just have to work harder...

I've bought my skipping rope (August Exercise Challenge). I'm going to take it with me to the gym in the morning and give it a whirl. The place is usually pretty deserted at 6am on a Saturday - I'm obviously a sad bastard with no life! My trainer will be there though, and no doubt will laugh his arse off.

Have a great weekend everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, amen to that, about Spring I mean, we've had a rotton harsh Winter here in Canterbury, roll on spring and summer, lets hope we get a long hot one.. Great news about the loss.

Cheers Margaret

Felicity said...

Happy skipping my friend.
Good loss.
Glad to hear your boy didn't hurt himself boys will be boys and there cars.

Suzy said...

Glad to hear that your dear son wasn't hurt at all.

Yes, YAY, spring flowers are starting to spring. I am SO over winter too.

Well done on the loss.

Mary said...

Yikes, good to hear that Jake is okay and yes, can't wait for Spring! LOL at the skiping rope. All this talk made me find mine and I tried to skip but my cats keep trying to catch the rope.

Briony said...

Thank goodness Jake is okay. I would love to skip but it's been raining for so long the backyard is a quagmire and it's not possible. Yay for spring being on the way, i'm SO over winter!
Bri