Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Selected at random

My baby turns 18 in eight days. What does he want for his birthday? Well, among other things, a keg of beer and some snakeskin boots!

I have done no exercise this week - but it is time to stop letting my knee get me down. I am going to give myself the rest of the week off, then start back with a modified resistance programme on Saturday. For cardio, I will just stick to walking and aim for four times a week. If the weather continues to be absolutely crap so walking isn't an option, I may have to force myself to swim! And I am going back to physio tomorrow.

Mark's Mum is coming up from Dunedin for a visit next week. I'm really looking forward to it, as I haven't seen her for almost three years. I hope she can cope with all the stairs in our three storey house!

I didn't get to post about it during my busy week last week, but the Auckland bloggers' dinner was F A B U L O U S ! What a privilege to meet all these lovely women - and how very brave of Jonny to join us at the end.

Current ipod favourites - the new Justin Timberlake album, and the greatest hits albums from Fat Boy Slim and Missy Elliot.

Due to my drop in exercise (or should that be complete stop), I have had to modify my BFL eating. I have taken out the protein snacks and replaced them with fruit and vegetables - so I'm basically back to doing NoCount. And I actually feel better for it - all that protein was making feel like I was full of cement. I am making sure I have good serves of protein at breakfast, lunch and dinner, though - it certainly stops me from getting hungry between meals.

It is exactly two months until Christmas. It will be low key for us this year. We are staying in Wellington and any family who are around are coming to our place for the day. I think there will only be about 15 of us - very quiet by our standards. Mark has the perfect escape clause. He is racing the Cemetery Circuit* on Boxing Day, so will have to leave for Wanganui on Christmas morning to be there for registration and practice. That's if his entry gets accepted.

*Yes, I have always considered this a particularly inappropriate name for a motorbike race!

9 comments:

Kt said...

18, hes certainly growing up! I'm sure he was 16 when I first started reading your blog!
No count does sound like a fab program, I might try that myself next week!
2 months..... gosh, is it realy that close?? so it is!

Kathryn said...

How are you coping? I yelled at Andrew when he turned 18 and told him he had to stop calling me mum in public (he rarely does anyway). I'm far too young to have a kid that age :)

Snakeskin boots sound pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

i agree, the boots sound good!

hey, i saw you in some of the NZ bloggers pics and have to say you are HOTTTTT! :)

also my sympathies re your knee woes. my physio has forbade me to any cardio "unless it is in a straight line". so... um... walking? i hope you're on the mend soon!

Rachel said...

Your baby is turning 18.....wow!
How quickly they grow up aye?

What a bummer about Mark having to leave on Xmas day for registration and practice, a man must have organised the event........LOL

Thanks for the Ipod favourites, I am forever trying to think of music to download.

YAY for decent weather in Wellington (makes a change).

Anne said...

From bottles and booties to kegs and snakeskin boots:)

Suzy said...

It's a strange feeling when we suddenly have adult children. Hope he has a lovely 18th.

Hope your bursitis behaves soon. It is such a frustrating injury to have.

Christmas that soon! Help!

Margaret said...

Snakeskin boots!! What a little trendsetter LOL

The Candid Bandit said...

Oh dear. Snakeskin boots and a keg. All in one night?

Thank you for the beautiful comment you left on my blog today. You're right, both our boys are reaching milestones that make us reassess ourselves.

Here's to growing up.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the delayed commenting! I think Jake has some great taste with those snake skin boots. I hope he has a great 18th. So sorry to read about your knee too but very happy to read that you are not going to hard on it. Great to hear about the Auckland bloggers dinner too. How AWESOME is it to meet in real life!!