Friday, December 01, 2006

Bowling along

He he, sorry, couldn't resist the dreadful pun.

We took our clients to play lawn bowls last night and it was a really fun evening. It's nice to do something like that, rather than just the usual drinking and eating. We were finished by 8pm, too, so everyone is nice and fresh for work today.

Knowing I had this function, I had designated yesterday as my 'free' day, but I still didn't go too overboard - although you always have to bear in mind that catered food is going to be loaded with fat!

Week One Day Six summary

Breakfast: bircher muesli and two nectarines
Lunch: pumpkin, cashew and feta salad
Snacks: two trim flat whites
Dinner: (here goes) four bloody Mary oyster shots, two spinach and feta mini fritters with rocket pesto, one mini smoked chicken quesadilla with coriander and gruyere, one mussel topped with tomato salsa and mozzarella, one pita pocket with falafels, hommus and lettuce, one mini steak sandwich, one skewered lamb ball (I know, the mind boggles!), one mini steak sandwich with caramelised onions, tomato relish and brie, some fresh and dried fruit, a few almonds and FOUR truffles. Oh, and two gin and tonics.
Actually, it seems quite a lot when you list it all out like that (it was finger food, so the servings were small) and lots of protein. Can you tell I chose the menu - that's how I know what everything was.
Exercise: None

3 comments:

Pam said...

Hi, thanks for saying hello on my blog. Can't remember if I've commented on yours before - I do know your face, though, from other blogs!

I'm very impressed at your weight statistics. I wish I could say the same for myself. Maybe tomorrow... Though my son made a very nice cake today, unfortunately....

Lee-Anne said...

Well done on your brutally honest plan. Have a great time tomorrow at the Bloggers picnic. Hope the weather clears for you.

Anonymous said...

Exercise: none? What about the lawn bowls? ;)

excellent menu choices sue... finger food rules! and that lunchtime salad sounds bloody tasty too. hope you guys have a great time at the picnic!