Friday, December 15, 2006

Flat out like a lizard drinkin'

About now, all I can think is - roll on the 29th of December! Then all this Christmas insanity will be over and I'll be able to sit on the balcony, read my book and sip (swill) margaritas.

Well, look who sounds like the Christmas grinch. I really do love Christmas - it's just getting through all this stuff beforehand that's taking its toll.

We had a lovely dinner at the Auckland sister's house last night. It was great to catch up with Mum and Dad before the went to Adelaide, and with my brother and his family (who we won't see for Christmas).

So, a quick catch-up of the last two days.

Summary for Wednesday
Breakfast: cottage cheese on toast
Lunch: roast chicken, thyme and spinach salad
Dinner: some babaganoush on crackers before we went out and nothing else!
Snacks: bean sprouts, baby carrots, banana
Treats: 2 x gin and tonic
Slips: some mini M&Ms
Exercise: 30 minutes aquajogging

Summary for Thursday
Breakfast: bircher muesli (but at the Koru Club, not my yummy homemade one)
Lunch: Caesar salad
Dinner: steak, salad, mushrooms and onions
Snacks: no time
Treats: 2 x glasses of wine
Slips: 2 more glasses of wine, 3 little cubes of panaforte, 2 salmon wings, some crackers with dip
Exercise: hugging my lovely family

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bring on the 7th of Feb I say... I think thats when normality will return for me

Ang

Anonymous said...

I love Christmas but do love the calm after Christmas, the blobbing around with a book sounds like me!

M@rla said...

What are salmon wings?