Thursday, January 04, 2007

By request...

...a recipe from me - fits with the WW NoCount plan.

Roast potato and corn salad

Cut 6-8 potatoes (I leave the skin on and use red-skinned ones for colour) into bite size chunks. Put them on an oven tray with 2 cups of whole kernel corn (frozen is fine). Give them a quick spray with oil and bake in a 200 Celsius oven for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally - a bit charred is right for the corn.

Make the dressing from 1 cup of low fat yogurt, the juice and grated zest of one lemon, freshly ground salt and pepper, two finely sliced spring onions and half a cup of roughly chopped parsley. Add half a teaspoon of chili flakes if you like a bit of zing.

Stir the cooled vegetables into the dressing. Cover and pop in the fridge for at least an hour so the flavour develops.

4 January summary
Breakfast: baked beans on toast
Lunch: steamed seafood gyoza and some yogurt with blueberries
Dinner: chicken cooked on the rotisserie on my BBQ, stuffed with thyme and a whole lemon, with potato and salad
Snacks: banana, blackberries, peach, mini capsicum
Treats: my favourite bird (Wild Turkey) with Coke Zero
Exercise: 20 minute upper body workout, 30 minute aquajog

6 comments:

Kate said...

I'm not really one for reading through what people have eaten, but I can't help it on your blog. It all sounds delicious! It all sounds like cafe food, and I love that you can lose weight etc eating food that sounds so decadent! Yum!! :-)

LME said...

Muchas gracias. Will give this a try soon. Maybe this weekend!

Gabby said...

Hi Sue - Happy New Year!
Thanks for the receipe - sounds yummy! I have been reading your blog for sometime now. You are an inspiration - keep up the great posts.
Gabby:)

Suzy said...

Yummo! That does sound delish. Thanks for the recipe.

Mary said...

Yep, that's another one for my collection :-)

Melli said...

Oooo! This recipe sounds YUMMY Sue! I'm gonna try it!