Saturday, January 13, 2007

Cruising along

Well, what a healthy old day I've had! Feeling good and having a nice quiet time too.

The day has gone like this:
7.30: hot water with lemon juice
8.00: off to the gym for a one hour full body workout
9.30: rolled oats with grated apple
11.30: vege juice - beetroot, carrot, celery, ginger and chili. I've got a juice extractor which make a great job, but I couldn't bear to throw out all that healthy fibre that's left after the extracting. I stirred a few spoonsful back into the juice before I drank it!
1.30: brown rice salad with lots of finely chopped raw veges - spring onion, celery, mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumber, baby spinach, baby capsicum and green beans. Dressed with the juice and grated rind of a lemon and lots of black pepper.
4.00: fruit smoothie - banana, peach, blueberries, strawberries and apple juice
6.30: another rice salad, with some variation in the veges and dressed with orange juice and chili
9.00: some rock melon and blackberries

How's that? I feel great and haven't freaked out too much without caffeine. A few hunger pangs as without protein the meals don't keep me full as long as I'm used to.

In between times I've done my eyebrows, put through four loads of washing, gone to feed my sister's cat and done a major de-tox on my ipod. The boys used it for their roadtrip over New Year and I needed to get rid of all the gangsta - and I don't think I need EVERY Red Hot Chili Peppers song ever recorded.

I've also mooched around a fair bit and watched a couple of movies.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like such a lovely day. I'm loving brown rice at the moment, after detesting it all my life (I think maybe I'd never tried it cooked properly before!). I cheat and buy those pre-cooked pouchs that take 90 seconds in the microwave - and mix it with a wee bit of feta, tomato, spring onion, capsicum and some light dressing, and serve it over baby spinach.. the feta makes it so devine.

Chris H said...

No coke mate! I shall be only having 1/4 cup of rice tomorrow, I just can't eat that much ! Havn't felt hungry at all either, so all's good. Pleased to see you doing well too.

Unknown said...

LOL at the brown rice~!!
Sounds like your detox is going really well - actually doesnt sound too bad at all!

Zanna said...

Sounds like you're having an excellent weekend - you're going to be so pumped by Monday you'll be jumping out your skin!

Jac said...

In the spirit of international de-lurking week, I'm officially de-lurking and leaving you a comment finally! ;)

Man, the food you're eating sounds so delish!! I might steal some ideas... ;)

Anne said...

It sounds as if the de-tox is going well:) Bet you will feel great on Monday!

Mary said...

Good going Sue! Sounds like a good detox day and it sounds likea relaxing day pottering around doing lots of detox here and there :-)