Sunday, January 14, 2007

Learning the lessons again

Haven't felt so great today - a bit lethargic and headachey - but I'm putting it down to caffeine withdrawal.

What I am feeling great about is rediscovering how fabulous healthy eating makes me feel - and how good I feel about controlling my food intake and making healthy choices.

This weekend has certainly served its main purpose - I have a new focus on how I eat. This includes making veges the main focus of my meals, not the protein. It also will make me think more about all the little extras I slip into my day.

But I won't be giving up coffee!

14 January summary
Breakfast: rolled oats with apple juice and a banana
Snack: celery
Lunch: brown rice with bean sprouts and orange slices, a banana
Snack: vege juice - carrots, beetroot, apple, ginger and chili
Dinner: brown rice with cucumber, tomato, coriander and chili
Snack: rockmelon, grapes and strawberries

6 comments:

Chris H said...

I think we both enjoyed the de-tox...I hope you havn't got too bad a headache! I havn't got one at all. lucky me. I really loved the organic brown rice btw.

Ang said...

Nice work! Just looking at the list - healthy healthy healthy. I'm sure you will see the benefits on those scales :)

Mary said...

Yeah, the second day I wasn't headachey but I was in the strangest moods (yep not one, multiple!). The headaches must be from the caffeine withdrawal as that's really common if you're sued to a daily hit normally.

YAY to a successful detox Sue and the renewed focus! :-)

PS. I won't be giving up my coffee either.

Mary said...

Whoops, "...if you're USED to a daily hit..." :-)

M@rla said...

A few years ago I tried switching from coffee to green tea - and I was miserable. I was only drinking two cups of coffee a day, so I decided to just live it. Now I only drink one cup a day, so I'm even less motivated to cut out coffee. I have to retain SOME vices.

Anonymous said...

just me delurking. i love reading your blog :)