Monday, January 15, 2007

Sue on fire!

Watch out world - here comes Sue...

I feel great. I don't know if it's from any physical effects from my mini de-tox; more likely the two days of strict control have made some things click for me.

Here are my high points and observations from today (and, yes, most of them ARE bleeding obvious!).

This is all under my control - and motivation has to come from me (always supported by my lovely blog friends, of course).

I will exercise to feel good, be healthy and hep control my weight, in that order - not to burn off the crap food I ate yesterday. Because I am going to stop eating crap food.

Stuffing around with what I eat is pointless (no pun intended WW followers) - because it just means it will be so much longer until I reach goal.

Treats are good - but they have to be treats, not mindless stuffing of food in my mouth.

Visualisation works. To start with I'm visualising how it will feel to be a 70s girl again next week. Then it will be visualising how 72 kilos will feel.

I am an intelligent, talented person (but not modest). I just need to remember to use my skills.


By the way - 1.4kg loss when I weighed this morning.

15 January summary
Breakfast: rolled oats softened in apple juice, grapes
Lunch: brown rice and turkey salad, a banana
Dinner: grilled salmon fillet with roast corn and mango salsa (yes, this was divine and, yes, I did make it myself)
Snacks: two trim flat whites, peach, carrot sticks, celery and mini capsicum
Exercise: 15 minutes on the arse-breaking cross trainer (4 minutes backwards) and an upper body workout - tricep extensions, bicep curls, shoulder presses, chest flyes and push-ups done men's styles but on a bar at waist height

12 comments:

Cinders said...

Great loss. You've got me craving brown rice now...

Kathryn said...

Nice going on the loss. I'm with you on the treats. They are hardly treats when you don't even notice you're eating them!

Zanna said...

Fantastic loss and you sound totally focussed. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

ziiiiiiiiiiiiing! brilliant stuff sue :)

Anne said...

Love it!! Very inspiring. Sounds like a new year, fresh start for a few of us!

Mary said...

WHOO HOO! I can feel the fire!! What an awesome weekend and it sounds like it really did the trick. Well done and I'm so glad you shared it with everyone to show that it can be done.

Isn't amazing how easy and yummy it is to actually eat healthy too. I know I'm getting my detox food prepared this time but when I was eating well before, I would eat similarly (with stuff I actually liked) and prepare it myself. It's not hard but I was just LAZY! Yep, my treats snuck in too....everyday.

Chris H said...

Far out, way to go. I used to do 20 minutes on the cross-trainer, hated it! Cos my thighs were getting bigger and bigger I blamed that and stopped it... neat excuse eh? works for me. keep up the great efforts... see you in the 70's ! Might take me a bit longer tho... boo hoo

Suzy said...

Go you!!!!

What a fantastic loss! Sounds like that de-tox really worked for you.

Rachel said...

All your work is obviously paying off (great loss!) way to go Sue.

I have bought some brown rice and having it with my dinner tonight.

Mango Salsa.....to die for!!

Zanna said...

Hi Sue, Didn't know that blogroll would show that - although I suppose I did see that sometime when you hover over a link it tells you the when last updated - I've just checked and in my current list there are only two blogs where this happens

Cheers
Z

Ang said...

You are a legend Sue!!!!!!!! check out that subtle mention of a loss. lol You should be shouting it from the roof tops.

M@rla said...

What a great post - you've got me all fired up this morning! And I love that you're posting your meals. All that summertime food is making me soooo envious.