Sunday, February 04, 2007

Full on weekend

As always, the Sevens tournament just ROCKED!

Went to the corporate box for the Friday session. It's not as much fun as sitting in the crowd - I love being surrounded by that maximum party atmosphere, with all the costumes and general fun.

The new star costume this year (unfortunately) was the Borat swimsuit - you know, the lime green banana hammock with shoulder straps? Just nasty!

As always, I'm amazed by how many men just love to cross dress. There were swags of male nuns, milkmaids, Marilyns, Dorothys, ballet dancers, you name it.

At least when I saw Jake's naked chest on the big screen he still had some of his cow costume on!

A few of us went out afterward - not really to drink, but just to people-watch in the bars. The guys are all a bit older than me, and they just love to act like my big brothers. A couple of strangers started talking to me - I thought they were being friendly, not trying to chat me up. But all of a sudden I'm surrounded by my friends acting as if they were my bodyguards!

So after all that - including more than two bottles of red wine for me - I had a much quieter day on Saturday.

I'm not going to summarise, because it was all too much food and alcohol. I did ride my bike the 12 kilometres into town to pick up my car on Saturday though.

5 comments:

Scarlet said...

Actually, those friends of yours are probably all wishing they had the nerve to hit on you themselves. Especially seem you're looking so hot after all your hard work to get in shape.

Chris H said...

I agree with you re: Borat suit, it is just goddam awful! You will have to work hard this week so all that wine and food doesn't go straight on your butt! Good luck.

Margaret said...

You party animal!.. I hope you didn't wear the Borat swimsuit when you rode the bike LOL.

Sounds like you are having a wonderful weekend :D

(and it is good to be back :) )

Helena said...

lol @ the Borat suit ... I think its called a "mankini" - ewwwwwwwwwies!

Suzy said...

Good thing you had those bodyguards to look after you.
Well done on the 12km bike ride the next day.