Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Hello, my lovelies!

Thanks for the subtle hint (by text) today Helena - it certainly is time for a post.

The Taupo relay was another great success. A few of my personal highlights:
Me yelling down the phone at 5am on Saturday 'What do you mean, you've lost the pregnant client?'.
Ditto when they couldn't find the Managing Director after his transition.
Fed, watered, wined and beered 43 people.
Less sleep for me than last year - two 10-minute naps on Friday night, five hours on Saturday night. The drive back to Auckland on Sunday was something of a struggle!
In excess of $2500 raised for Paralympics (which our company then matched 2 for 1).
The fact we take our clients away for the weekend, make them share rooms with people they've never met (people who often work for opposition companies), drag them out of bed in the middle of the night, make them run or walk for miles on roads which are either deserted or crowded with main road traffic, abuse them if they're too slow - and they love it so much they're already signing up for next year!

So, anyway, back to my Auckland stint.

This week is mostly about working and working out. I'm repeating Week 4 of C25K this week, as I didn't feel up to Week 5.

Lovely hot weather here - hope no-one can see into my apartment tonight as I sit here in my tee shirt and undies!

Eating - rubbish over the weekend, pretty much fine since.

Feeling a bit lonely though.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhhh the powers I weild! hehe ... oh yeah ... did you know its only 3 sleeps to Hahei O'Clock? *innocent blink* LMAO!

Chris H said...

Well done on the amount raised for Paralympics! Sorry to hear you are lonely, maybe if you stand closer to the window in your undies some chap will come up to help you find your clothes!!! NOT

I wander around my house butt naked sometimes when I know no one is home.... imagine that one! hee hee

M@rla said...

What a great success - I am already looking forward to what you write next year.

Week 5 is a big jump - I think I repeated Week 4 about six times...

Anne said...

Sounds like it went well. Huge challenge for all the took part. The drive back to Auckland - you are lucky yuo made it. I'm sure I would have nodded off.

michelle said...

Sounds like a busy but fun time. Hope you get less lonely real soon.

Rachel said...

Yay a post!

Congratulations on an awesome job of feeding, watering, wining and beering everyone. They couldn't have minded you yelling at them too much if they are going back next year. Excellent result with the money raised as well.

Had to have a giggle at Chris_h's comment on rectifying your loneliness....haha

Name: Lynise said...

Hi Sue

Gosh, theres certainly no reason to feel lonely in Auckland. I am exactly 35mins drive time away from the CBD and am always up to doing something fun. Don't know whats on up there at the moment but sky city often have some shows that are enjoyable.
I'm only a hop skip and a jump away if you feel like company for a coffee/chat/laugh, (or beverage can easily be substitued for a wine)

Name: Lynise said...

PS: that was me. Lynise