Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sometimes I can be so stupid

I know you find that nearly impossible to believe - but it's true!

First of all there was Monday. I was tired and snappy and generally feeling overwrought. I put that down to the big weekend.

Monday night - I whined about being lonely on my blog.

Tuesday morning. This was a classic. I tripped on the treadmill and face-planted the console. Now I'm not a particularly graceful exerciser and co-ordination isn't my strong point, but I've never actually FALLEN OVER on a piece of equipment before. It's kinda difficult to pretend that's part of your routine. And then pretend you're fine, when all you want to do is sit on the floor and sob with humiliation.

But that's not the stupid part.

Mid-morning Tuesday I got my period. Oh. Yeah. Right. That would explain it - tired, grumpy, clumsy, unreasonably emotional. D'oh!

It's not like it doesn't happen every month. You'd think I'd have it worked out by now.

13 comments:

Chris H said...

Shit you poor tart, face planting on the treadmill... wonder if that was embarrasing as pissing blood on one? I think we are equal!
Thanks for the comment today, it made me laugh first thing in the morning, that doesn't happen too often.

Kathryn said...

Oh I'm like that every month! Takes me a couple of days to figure out I'm getting my period. By the time I have it all worked out, I'll be menopausal and it won't matter!

Anne said...

The joys of womanhood:(

I'm a bit clumsy and unco as well, which is the reason I stick to the exercycle rather than a treadmill. Scared I will end up in a heap on the floor. Told my aqua buddy the other day and then she laughed and said that it had happened to her! She hired one for home and was getting really confident on it, until she tried to take off her sweatshirt while working, hit the deck, the treadmill kept going - she also put a hole through the wall and her husband had to dive in and turn the thing off! So I will stick to the bike!!

Mary said...

Oh yeah, I am guilty of this too and Dan usually picks up on it, prepared for combat LOL. Thank god they don't last more than a week!

Rachel said...

Its understandable why you forgot about your period, your've been busy so don't beat yourself up.....oh that's right, you already did!!!

Not long now and you will be home.

M@rla said...

I think that's funny you fell over - one of my absolute signs of TOM is that I become clumsy and knock things over a lot, so then I have to pretend I'm just drunk - I've never heard of anyone else with that symptom!

ali4579@gmail.com said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear about the treadmill incident, sounds like something I would do.

I'm another clumsy when premenstral kind of person, so I know exactly where you're coming from. I don't normally work it out until I ring my mum to whinge and she asks if my period is due ;)

Anonymous said...

I am sorry but you make me laugh Sue.... it would have been soo soo embarrasing hun but reading how you wrote it made me laugh out loud and now my kids think I am strange..

TOM has a lot to answer for aye.

Big hugs

Love CM

Suzy said...

Oh, the joys of being a woman!!!

Zanna said...

Lucky you have such a good sense of humour!

Helena said...

LMFAO!

Briony said...

sorry but i'm laughing too :0)
My DH always picks when i'm pre-menstrual and that pisses me off more than anything!!!!! He obviously doesn't realise that if I stabbed him the judge would let me off because of it!
Bri

anyamy said...

I was just googling to find out if other women had the clumsy problem...what a relief it's not just me going mad. I nearly cut the end of my finger off while making a cheese sarnie. It was like my fingers were all too long! Great blog.

Glad to find i'm in great company.x