Sunday, February 11, 2007

Packing

I'm off to Auckland today for my three week stint, so I'm packing everything into a suitcase that looks like a small apartment building.

And I do mean everything! Apart from the obvious - just about every piece of summer clothing I own, six pairs of shoes (down from the original eleven), exercise gear, skincare, cosmetics, hair product, etc - I'm also taking: my yoghurt maker, plastic containers to pack breakfasts and lunches for work, the companion speakers for my ipod so I have decent tunes in my apartment, plenty of books, and so on and on and on.

Apart from packing for my trip, I'm also packing stuff that needs to go to Taupo next weekend so I can look after the 45 people in our teams for The Great Lake Relay. I know everyone thinks I'm obsessive about this, but after years of tournaments I've got this down to a pretty fine art. I'm packing: giant fish bins - everything gets carried up there in them, and then you fill them full of ice to hold the drinks, coffee plungers, a gazebo, stockpot because motels never have anything big enough, my aromatherapy oils for doing rubdowns, my good knives because (again) the motel ones are always shit, my apron so I can look like Susie Homemaker, blah, blah, blah!

All that stuff will get brought to Taupo by someone else, thank goodness!

In one way I'm really looking forward to the three weeks away. The workload will call for some long days, but I feel a quiet determination to be very disciplined about my exercise and eating. It is a good opportunity to set up an environment with very few temptations.

Most especially, I'm looking forward to spending a weekend in Kerikeri with my parents (and Jake of course).

I weighed in a day early today, for a nice 800 gram loss. I'll use the gym scales to take comparative weights each week so I can track my weight.

AND I'm going to try my first time back at boxing tomorrow! Yeehaw!

Catch y'all soon.

CKK - baby, could you please email me so I can be your friend?

9 comments:

Chris H said...

Wow, 3 weeks away from home. Sounds like you are going to be too busy to miss anyone! Do you love Auckland? I do, except the traffic. I lived there for 7 years ages ago, among other places. Enjoy the temptation free environment, wish mine was.

Kathryn said...

You sound like the friends I went camping with - they are hella organised whenever we go anywhere and have it all going on.

Btw I'll definitely take you to go-go dancing when you're in Melbs :D

Anonymous said...

Happy travels Sue!

Zanna said...

Have a great time in Auckland - I like that city - our friends have an apartment by the Viaduct - and always think what a nice city it is when we visit.
All the best for next weekend.
Cheers
Z

Anonymous said...

Wow you are an organised person!!! Wish I could say I am the same. Have a wonderful time and enjoy every minute of it.

Sue... if CKK does get in touch can you get her to email me too please as I want to read too but don't know how to contact her.
THANKS ;-)

CM

Anne said...

Enjoy your time in Auckland. Sounds like a eral mission with all the packing.

Re your comment on my blog - tell your mother that women like her are really inspirational:)

Rachel said...

Oh you have only just left (disregard my comment from the previous day) so you did get the gorgeous Wgtn weather, cool ay?

Have a great 3 weeks Sue, you organised girl you!

Karen said...

Hope you survive the 3 weeks in Auckland - sounds like you are well prepared with everything that you will be taking.
Well done on the good loss this week.
Take care

CaramelKitKat said...

I'm exhausted just reading all that! Now Sue, I get shoe, really, I do, but 11 pairs??!

Please do come and visit: ckkmach2.blogspot.com. I haven't gone private, I just gave my new address to someone I know and, as I can't recall if I have written about them, thought it better that I go private on the old one. And no, it did not occur to me at the time that I had also 'privated' forwarding details - what a nuffy!