Sunday, April 15, 2007

It's an jungle out there

Last night (Saturday) I heard Jake come home in the small hours of the morning. The fact that I heard him come home made me suspect he'd packed away a fair bit of booze at whatever party he'd been to - if he's sober he usually manages to not wake me.

After listening to him rattle up and down the stairs a couple of times, I called out to see if he was okay. He came into our room, turned on the light and looked like this:




What a classic. He and his mate Casey were going to an dress-up party - animal theme - so Casey's father painted them to look like this. Apparently there was a guy at the party wearing a tiger suit - he took it off when these two guys arrived!

Spent the afternoon with Lucinda today. I dragged her along to a water polo game - Jake's old team made (and then won) the national secondary school finals today. Then we just hung out at my place until I fed her a homemade roast dinner and dropped her home.

And so the weekend is over and another hectic week begins. I do feel rather like I need a holiday.

Edit after Mandy's comment: the father is a mural painter and cartoonist, and did lots of backdrop work for Lord of the Rings.

8 comments:

Chris H said...

That body paint is awesome! How is Lucinda going with finding a job? Tell her she needs to get back on the computer and update! Hope your week goes well, have a good one chick.

Anonymous said...

OMG that is amazing..... the father that did it should go in to business that is for sure...

Sooo cool.

Love Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Lyn said...

Absolutely fantastic!!! He looks great! What I'd like to know ... did he keep the trousers on? or did the paint go over everything ... you know like Demi Moore, a la naturale ... lol :p

ali4579@gmail.com said...

I can't think of anything to say, other than WOW!

(and hubba hubba!! hehehehe)

Anne said...

Well done! What was your reaction....

Kellee said...

'Allo 'allo, SuperWoman. Just lurking. Not much to say, but I just thought I would let you know that I still think you're a Weight Loss Legend. And rad. And good. And you have a very cute son (even though he's 7 years younger than me). Good job.

Lee said...

Hahahaha what a fricken LEGEND! That's such a great idea.

I once went to a party where my friend went as Michael Jordan. THAT is the most body painting I've ever seen (he originally had very pale skin, and let everyone see that he was TOTALLY body painted!). I think Jake's performance tops that a million times over.

Ails said...

That is the BEST thing I have seen all week!

Bloody fantastic!

I could only imagine your reaction when you first saw him!