Monday, April 09, 2007

(More than) slightly stoked

Today I ran five km for the first time ever (without stopping).
Woodiddlyhoo!
And not on the treadmill, on the road. I drove to the gym, then went for a run around Evans Bay before my workout.
The 5km took me 31 minutes - not that fast, but actually better than I thought I would do. Once again I would like to thank the Wellington City Council for installing these little doohickeys around the waterfront - there's one every 500m for 6.5km.
After that I did a full body workout - gotta admit the leg stuff was getting pretty hard after that run.
Been another gorgeous day here - can't remember the last time we had such a lovely long weekend. It did mean I didn't get as much work done as planned, but tomorrow is another day...
There's still lots of chocolate lying about the house in post-Easter temptation style - but I'm not tempted. Okay, actually I am, but I'm resisting. Successfully.
9 April summary
Breakfast: poached eggs on crumpets
Lunch: chicken and brown rice with pasta sauce
Dinner: steak, potatoes, mushrooms and leeks
Snacks: 2 apples, banana, 3 vita wheats with vegemite and cottage cheese, pineapple
Exercise: 5km run with 5 minute walk before and after, lat pulldowns, seated row, tricep extensions, chest flyes, bicep curls, travelling lunges, leg press, hamstring extensions, Swiss ball squats, Swiss ball frogs, crunches, held crunches, oblique crunches, ten minutes on the cross-trainer and streeeeeeetch

9 comments:

Chris H said...

OK....OK..... when it comes to exercise today, you win! Awesome effort today mate! I do so envy you being able to run... and good on you for resisiting the friggin chocolate today!

Suzy said...

Congrats on your run! That's fantastic!

Anne said...

Great to read this when I start to feel like I need a bullet after a rather lazy weekend - keep on inspiring me!

superstar said...

wow i have never noticed those little doohickeys around the waterfront! and i did go for a walk around there today.

Good on you running 5km!

Christine (Australia) said...

i'm in awe of your excercise efforts - well done Sue!!!

M@rla said...

Whoo hoo, congratulations on that 5K! You must feel like a superhero, and you are! I think some sort of extravagant reward is in order.

Kathryn said...

Woohoo... that's fantastic :D

Lyn said...

Wow 5kms without stopping .... fanbloodytastic!!! With all that exercise I'm starting to think youre a machine!!

Helena said...

nooooooooooiiiiirceeee work buddy :D