Friday, April 06, 2007

Slightly mystifying

This time last year, I was a couple of days out from doing a duathlon. I had decided that running was a stupid idea and I would never do it again after this event.

This morning, I got up and went for a 4km run. And enjoyed it.

What's up with that?

I can't quite remember when running went from something I didn't like doing, but did because it burns more fat than walking, to an enjoyable activity!

Although I didn't enjoy it when I went to the gym last night. I did a day trip to Auckland yesterday and fell asleep on the plane on the way back. When I got on the treadmill I had that awful disoriented feeling one gets after a nap and just couldn't hit a decent rhythm. So I did a one hour cardio blast instead, with my treadmill work being walking with the incline set at increasingly high levels.

But this morning's run? Lovely!

6 April summary
Breakfast: rolled oats, apple juice and raspberries
Lunch: cheese on toast
Dinner: steamed wontons with chilli dipping sauce
Snacks: apple, nashi, some bagel crisps, 4 tomatoes
Exercise: C25k week 8

Didn't have my promised hot cross buns today - had them at morning tea yesterday.

1 comment:

Chris H said...

I still cannot run, do not want to run, envy those who can....does not make sense eh? Have a lovely day, it's cloudy here today... good for a walk into town!