Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Looking forward

Not looking forward to anything specific, just looking forward instead of back.

Thanks you all for the support. Your comments, texts, emails and calls have meant the world to me.

During the weekend I sent Jake an email to tell him what had happened. It wasn't the ideal way to tell him, but calling him is difficult for lots of reasons.

I had an email back this morning - typically short but all I needed was to hear from him. As I expected, his main concern is that I am okay and things aren't too hard. He's in Spain at the moment - that just seems so exciting to me!

The rental market in Wellington (particularly for city apartments) is a bit nuts - lots of people looking. The first couple I looked at I walked straight back out of. There was nothing wrong with them, I just wasn't coping with the situation and didn't want to fall apart in front of strangers. I'm past that now and will be able to approach it more calmly.

The duathlon on Sunday was great. I didn't feel like doing the whole thing, so I walked with Felicity and didn't bother with the bike. Felicity was amazing - she overtook lots of people on the bike and kept a huge smile on her face the whole time. It was lovely to see her again and catch up with a few other bloggers too.

I have been managing to exercise every day - yesterday was an hour of walking with 15 minutes of running thrown in. Because I'm living in the city my incidental exercise is higher too. I walk to work (just leave my car at work all the time), down to the supermarket for supplies, across town to look at apartments, that sort of thing. Eating is mostly okay too - helped by the completely empty pantry!

And last night I had the best night's sleep since all this happened, so things really are on the up.

I know I will still have moments of feeling very down, but I am in a positive frame of mind most of the time.

And I'm a very resilient woman!

16 comments:

Kate said...

What a beautifully positive post. Onwards and forwards.

Jules said...

You probably slept better because you had finally told Jake. He sounds like a very mature young man. You will start to enjoy the peace of being alone to choose your direction. Loved this post.

LBTEPA said...

OMG I just caught up with your news - HUGS.
Take very good care of yourself during this hard time
((((more hugs))))

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry Sue to hear you and Mark have seperated.

The best advise I can give is keep busy which I know you WON'T have a problem with.

I'm only in the Hutt Valley if you feel like a coffee and a chat :)

Good luck with your apartment hunting, aren't prices HUGE?

Thinking of you.

ali4579@gmail.com said...

Glad to see you're in such a positive frame of mind but are prepared for the down times.

I've been sending all my best vibes over the ocean *hugs*

Name: Lynise said...

yay for being a resilient woman. I think I must have become one myself over the years, (probably when my first relationship ended)
I surprise myself sometimes as it does have its tough moments, then you find strength and carry on.

Good friends, sunshine, lots of laughing help get you through. (it helps if you have friends who are abit nutty)

Thinking of you Sue. Take care

LME said...

You are reslilient! Hugs to you.

Brandi said...

Well, you are certainly in the prayers of of this American girl, LOL ...

Tracy said...

Hi Sue

I was sorry to hear about you & Mark. It has obviously been a tough time for you. All the best

Felicity said...

a good sleep works wonders...hope your hunt for apartment isnt to long and drawn out.
Hugs

Kathryn said...

I've only just read your last few posts. Sorry to hear about the break up.

Mary said...

You got it sista! Just keep remembering why you made the decision. Time heals and it will get easier.

x

Lee said...

I'll say. For one thing, not many women (or men for that matter!) manage to go from a BMI of 43 down to 26, and maintain it!

I'll be in Wellington for the Food Show at the end of May. I can't find your email address - so flick me an email to sexymonkeypants at hotmail dot com. Yay!

M@rla said...

Sue! You dear little thing, going through your son leaving and then separating from your husband, and writing about it so calmly. You are indeed a very resilient woman - and managing to run every day throughout, you are incredible.

I'm so sorry for the breakup, but also thinking about all the exciting things your future will hold. I started looking up Wellington apartments online, but none of it made sense to me - New Zealand dollars seem to be one-quarter of an American dollar. Either that or your housing is FABULOUSLY underpriced!

xoxoxo!

Lee-Anne said...

Things definitely will get better from here on in. It won't always be easy, but you a smart and you already know that.

Life will become exciting. And it's going to be a wonderful adventure. Trust me. Been there.

You certainly have the backup support. Look after yourself.

philippa_moore said...

Sue, I've only just caught up on your last few posts. My heart is breaking for you - I had no idea that you were facing this.

I hope that you can gain reassurance, both from what you know of my experience and that of other bloggers who have faced the same thing, that you have so much resilience and power within yourself to turn this around and make this the best thing that's ever happened to you.

It will be hard and there will be down times, but I can tell in your words that there's this sense of relief (which I had too) and this sense of being excited about what your life will be like now - and that is something that you should focus on. Life will all of a sudden be filled with exciting things that you never knew about, or maybe had forgotten about. Every day will be an adventure. You will finally get to focus on you and what you want out of life. And that is a very wonderful thing.

Like Lee-Anne said, trust me, I've been there! It might be hard now, but in a little while you'll be feeling so much better and so happy about the decision - and you'll feel more like YOU than you have in a very long time.

You're an amazing woman who has achieved so much in the past few years. If anyone has the power to face this head on and come out the other side, it is you.

I'm here if you ever want to talk :)

Sending you lots of love

xoxoxoxoxoxo