Sunday, May 06, 2007

Time to tell all

I know you're not a stupid bunch, so many of you will have picked up that my life hasn't been all roses of late.

Yes, Jake leaving has been hard for me, but the other thing that's happened is that Mark and I have separated.

It actually happened the day after Jake left, but things had been building towards that decision for some time.

I have held off blogging about it until I had told my parents. Those few of you who do already know - thank you for your support, it means the world to me.

You can imagine the last week or so has been pretty rough for me. Something that helps get me through is that I am quite clear I have made the right decision. That makes the other stuff easier to handle, as I am not sitting around trying to decide if I've done the right thing.

I have moved out of the house and am living in a temporary apartment while I try to find somewhere to live. I'm looking forward to having my own space and just having some time to get my head together.

At least I have not boarded the emotional eating wagon. I haven't stuck to my training plan this week, but I have done something every day - usually a 30 minute run.

So, life is tough at the moment, but I have every hope that it will all start to get better soon.

16 comments:

Kate said...

Hey Sue, I'm so sorry to hear things are so tough at the moment. Even if it's the right decision and is for the best, it still hurts. :-(
Hang in there, and take care.
xxx

Shauna said...

oh sue... hang in there mate. i'll be thinking of you xx

Haole Girl said...

I'm sure it was a difficult decision to make, and you really need to do what is best for you. I wish you all the best and hope you are able to be settled soon!

Brandi said...

As a divorced girl, I can relate to the struggle, even when you know you've done the right thing. I knew that I had done just what needed to be done, but like you say, that doesn't make it easier.

At least you are still doing good at trying to be more healthy, and you are not letting the separation stop your efforts. How is Mark about this?

And how is Jake taking it? Does he know yet? This must be very hard on you, it's been a long marriage hasn't it? Well, your in my prayers, and I hope it all works out in the end for the best of all of you.

Anne said...

Sue - Sorry to hear what you are going through. Not easy at all and a huge decision to make. Hang in there and good luck with sorting everything out. Take care.

Mary said...

Oh hon, I am sorry to read that you're going through a really rough time right now. These decisions are never made lightly but I hope in time it does get easier for you and everyone involved. You're a pretty awesome babe Sue and your focus and determination will get you through. Bloggers aren't too far away either if you need to let it all out. Big {{{HUGS}}}.

x

Ails said...

I'm so sorry to read about your separation Sue - it certainly is a lot to handle but its good to hear that you feel good about your decision. You're following what your heart truly wants and that is never a bad thing. You're a remarkably strong woman Sue and you know that you'll get through this and continue along the path you are meant to take. Big hugs, Ails x

Suzy said...

You are a beautiful, intelligent woman and you need to do whatever is best for you. Hope all goes well for you soon.

Lynda said...

I am sorry to hear that news but did gather something might be up. Good luck for your new life - it can be wonderful once you move on. I have been married twice and certainly know what you will be experiencing.

Zanna said...

I think everyone has already said it all. Sounds like you've made the right decision for you but knowing that doesn't necessarily make it any easier or less painful. As another one of us who has been there and done that I can only offer my support and synmpathy as you work through it but can also say that one day soon you'll feel much happier and start planning where to from here. And you're an absolute legend for not jumping on the emotional eating wagon. Take care
Z xx

Cinders said...

Sorry to hear this Sue. I hope things settle down for you soon and all goes well.

ali4579@gmail.com said...

*hugs* I'm thinking of you.

Lee said...

I wondered what was going on Sue. I'm sorry to hear that things are a bit tough right now.
Thinking of you. :)

Oh yeah - I'm coming to Wellington in a few weeks too. Maybe we should catch up for coffee??????

Felicity said...

hugs Sue thinkin of u

Gr8 to catch up in weekend thanks for your support.

Felicity said...

hugs Sue thinkin of u

Gr8 to catch up in weekend thanks for your support.

Teresa said...

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Please take care. (HUG)