Thursday, July 19, 2007

It's me!

Hi everyone. I hope you've all been having a lovely time while I've been missing. Actually, I have kept a bit of an eye on you, but haven't posted or commented at all.

As some of you know - I am very happy and deeply in love. His name is Craig. We've been friends for a long time. And now that has developed into something much more. It's wonderful!

Yes, I did (very) briefly worry that this might all be too fast. But I will not let this chance at happiness slip away.

But why haven't I been blogging? Mostly because I haven't felt the need to. I have someone close to me who is interested in what I have to say, and I don't want to spend time on a computer when I could be spending it with him.

Blogging has been very important to me over the last two years, and the support I've received has been immeasurable. But just now my needs and focus have changed.

What has all this change done to my eating and exercising? To be honest, that's all gone to the pack! No, I'm not an out-of-control slob, stuffing my face and sitting around doing nothing. But my exercise is practically non-existent, and eating is, well, pretty average really.

I haven't been near the scales for nearly two months, but my jeans tell me I've probably put on a few kilos. I guess I'm hovering somewhere in the low 80s.

I'm not completely freaked out by that, but I do know it has to stop. In the last week or so I've started to reduce the number of treats and the amount of alcohol, and we've been going for walks along the waterfront in the evening when we can - the Kiwis among you will know the weather has really been too awful much of the time.

By the end of July I want to have a new routine established - one where exercise is part of my daily routine, but doesn't consume my life and isn't used as an excuse to not be at home. Eating will have to settle into a new pattern and I will need to be vigilant about portion sizes and sneaky treats.

I've been through so much change in my life in the last few months, I think this will really show whether I have really managed to change my lifestyle for good.


Jake update:
Jake is working in a pub in London. They did a bit of travel - Valencia and Paris included - and then he was flat broke. So he's got a job with bed and food provided and still gets a decent amount of cash as well. Apparently he's made friends with the cook, so in exchange for a few beers he gets extra-size staff meals - typical Jake! His mate that he left NZ with has come home. He enjoyed the travel, but decided he didn't want to work there. I have to admit being very jealous that his mother gets to give her boy a hug!

18 comments:

Anne said...

Don't know why I decided to check on your blog this morining - I haven't for ages as you've been 'absent' and there you are and sounding so happy!! Good on you for putting those brief worries about it all being a bit soon to the side and going for it and being happy!

WIth all the changes you've gone through I'm sure you will find you've still managed the lifestyle change for good.

Great to get an update on Jake!

Kate said...

I'm so glad you are happy! You definitely deserve it. Glad Jake is going well too. Have missed your updates, but when theres life to live.. go live it! :-)

Shauna said...

oohhh sue... i'm so bloody happy for you. go for gold, baby! :)

Lynda said...

I totally understand what you are saying as I have been there! Enjoy everything at the moment because (from experience) I must admit that new love is one of the best feelings you can have. I figured there must have been a man in your life and I'm very happy for you.

Lyn said...

That's great news! Totally understand the refocus thing with blogging. I have come and gone over the years for the same reason. Ultimately your blog is for you, we're just here to enjoy the journey with you.

Glad to see things going your way!!

Julie's Journey said...

I'm so happy for you and understand about your priorities but I'm glad you are back.
Also understand about sons in London. Gareth has been gone 3 weeks and it seems like forever. He is working too and having a wonderful time and a day doesnt go by when I dont miss him and his hugs. Maybe their paths might cross.

Rachel said...

Awesome news to hear your so happy and in love and it isn't 'fast' if you know its right!

Really missed your updates but glad you are so happy.

Zanna said...

How lovely to hear from you again - I've often wondered how you were going especially as your story seemed to be so similar to mine a few years back - and stranger still - Bloss's real name is Craig and we were friends first too! And then of course we both have sons in London. Anyway just delighted to hear how happy you are - enjoy! (but a word of warning - from my bitter experience it's very easy to become fat and happy!! So it's great to hear that you are on the case.
Love
Z xx

Briony said...

Good to hear from you, glad you're so happy, you deserve every bit of it. How exciting!!

Anonymous said...

Great to read you again, I too am in a similar situation, separated after a long time marriage. met up with an old friend and the sparks flew, everything is wonderful, except for the ex's utter disgust in me that he manages to show every which way, oh and the slackness in eating drinking and being merry... yes the jeans are straining at the waist, but its winter and all that yummy winter food doesnt help,

anyway Cheers Sue and good luck to you...

Margaret

Tracy said...

I am so glad you updated. I am really happy for you that you are so happy, it is well deserved.

Lee-Anne said...

Nothing quite like being in love aye. This is the bestest news. I am so, so thrilled for you.

I'm as much if not deeper in love with my man now than when we first met.

so don't let your chance of happiness slip away.

Oh this is so exciting.

Name: Lynise said...

My goodness woman, I thought you had dropped off the face of the planet.
Actually I thought you had probably become a total workaholic and were spending your life with head down tail up. (at your desk I mean mwwwhaaaaa) Now I know that you have actually been having a whale of a time I will stop worrying about ya, and Woohooooo on being happily in love.
Lucky girl.

Take care

Leyzafool said...

Glad things are going well for you Sue. Enjoy this new period in your life to the fullest! All the best to Jake with the work in London

Suzy said...

So glad you are back and you are happy.
Good to hear the your dear Son is OK too.

Felicity said...

Thrilled to bits to read your update kiddo you sound so happy. Great news Hun

M@rla said...

So glad you posted again! I'd been worried about you; now I see you were too busy having fun to write. Craig sounds wonderful - I love that he is interested in what you have to say.

I hope you'll have a moment to update us again once in a while!

Chris H said...

OH Sue, I'm so happy for you!!! You go for it girl, grab all the happiness you can, cos ya only live once. I would have commented earlier, but Goggle Reader only just let me know you had updated, stoooopid thing! Hope you continue letting us know how you are ... you were missed.