Tuesday, August 21, 2007

New scales, new weight

Just couldn't stand those old, whirring scales anymore, so went and bought some new digital ones - these ones even do body fat percentage!

Of course, this means I can't squint up my eyes and make the numbers appear kinder than they are. Or round down to the nearest kilo.

Official weight is now - 80.8kg.

First goal - in the 70s by the end of August.

Body fat percentage - 30%. That seems huge to me (I've never done the body fat thing before), but apparently the range for my age is 24-36%, so I guess it's not too bad...I'm looking at it more out of interest than with any aim to hit a certain number.

Another good workout at the gym last night - no weights, just a good cardio blast. 20 minutes on the cross trainer, 15 minutes on the bike, 15 minutes on the treadmill (with 4 x 1 minute running intervals). Burned 560 calories.

And food was good, too.
Breakfast: bircher muesli
Lunch: lamb salad
Dinner: chicken and udon noodle soup
Snacks: 2 trim flat whites, 1 banana, 1 pear, some grapes, a carrot, a yoghurt and a little piece of fruit toast (with no butter or anything on it)
NO ALCOHOL! YAY ME!

3 comments:

Apple2Hourglass said...

Crap i've lost your email address and I wanted to add you to my "secret password" list of buddies. Any chance you could go to my profile and send me an email from there so I can contact you?
thanks
Bri

Chris H said...

yaaa for new scales..... body fat.....don't get me started, the less I know the better cos I'd just get hung up on the bloody numbers! Good workout chick. See you sunday! I've probably said that before havn't I?

Anne said...

Even something like a new pair of scales can be just what you need to get the focus back again!

Impressive exercise this week as well. I'm sure you will hit the 70's before the end of the month.