Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ow, ow, ow!

Went on my first bike ride last night since...hmmm...I think March.

Finally got my bike fixed (last ridden by Jake, appeared to be missing some bits) and Craig has just got one, so we rode to the Zephyrometer and back - about 12km on the flat, around the edge of the harbour. Bit chilly, but so nice to be out in the fresh air.

Now I remember how different from the bike at the gym this is! The main bits to suffer are my wrists and shoulders - my upper body strength has always been crap. And it hits the bottom part of my thighs, rather than right in the middle.

So, better make sure I get some push ups and shoulder presses back into my routine, especially as we plan to take the bikes to the South Island with us this summer.

Ate well yesterday:
Breakfast: bircher muesli
Lunch: chicken soup
Dinner: tortilla pizza with pumpkin, smoked chicken and prosciutto on it and a green salad
Snacks: 3 (!) trim flat whites, pear, banana, carrots, handful of wasabi peas

5 comments:

Julie's Journey said...

I really wish I could ride a bike that wasnt fixed to the floor - sounds so exhilarating but I have no balance and very little co-ordination both of which I think you need for bike riding. Well done on the ride though.

Chris H said...

Can only focus on one thing in your post... pizza....oooooooo god my body is screaming for bread/pasta carbs !!!!! Fooooood, fooooood...... *GAWD DAMN AND BLAST IT*

Chubbymum said...

Yep yep yep the nether regions don't bode to well on a normal bikes too he he he he.

Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Margaret said...

Good on you Sue. Both for the ride, and for the new scales. I think I need to replace the batteries in mine to be a little more honest... Good luck for your 70's goal. You'll do it. You always do :-)

Jules said...

It's my tailbone that always suffers on the bike. Actually it suffers just in existence at the moment.

Glad to see you ripping it up again Sexy Sue.