Thursday, August 23, 2007

No, I don't go nuts for donuts!

It's that time of year. Everyone around me at work is flat out raising money for Daffodil Day. There are lots of raffles, golf putting competitions, bike-a-thons - and people selling food!

The won tons are safe - bought a few dozen and put them in the freezer. But yesterday someone was selling donuts! The best approach for me is to tell myself I don't like them. I bought half a dozen for Craig and didn't even have a bite myself. Pat on the back...

But then one of my guys brought in some chocolates to give to the clients! Little bugger! Got me at weak moment - and I ate three. And, boy, they were good.

Apart from that, had a good day yesterday. 25 minutes cardio at the gym and a lower body workout - have to make sure the legs are strong for riding.

Food-wise:
Breakfast: cereal and yoghurt
Lunch: chicken, walnut and blue cheese salad with mango chili dressing
Dinner: pasta with chicken, mushrooms and snow peas
Snacks: two trim flat whites, banana, carrots, yoghurt, two apples and the bloody chocolates.

And it's a beautiful day today.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Well done on forgoing the donuts and for stopping at 3 'bloody' chocolates. I personally think all food related fund raisers should be banned. Why not sell laces for sneakers, or sweat bands for when you exercise, or new little rubber covers for your i-pods. Much more usefull stuff really :-)