Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hotel headache

Woke this morning with one of those awful headaches you get sleeping in a hotel room without enough fresh air. Mind you, I feel much better after reading about the diving pigs...

Forgot my towel when I went to the gym last night - so of course I sweated like a very sweaty thing indeed. Much surreptitious wiping of face on tee shirt sleeve.

Anybody know when blueberry season starts? Hanging out for those little globes of yumminess.

My favourite spring food will soon make an appearance, too - asparagus. Hooray. Saw some in the Wairarapa at the weekend - but still well over $10 a kilo. It will come down though, and then I'll be scoffing it by the bunch.

Think a day trip to Wanganui might be on the cards this weekend - the glass festival is on.

My hair turned very dark brown last week (not all by itself, the hairdresser was involved too). Must get a new photo.

8 comments:

Apple2Hourglass said...

Oh yeah, I hate hotel headache too, but usually it's cos i'm hungover! haha
I adore asparagus - it's my favourite veg of ALL time.
Have a great day!
Bri

Margaret said...

Ooh yes please - dark haired photo - I LOVE dark chocolately brown hair.

And last night we ate 2 fresh bunches of asparagus and 2 punnets of blueberries. Oscar ate one all by himself but I am not sure that much of a good thing is a good thing.

Hope it all comes your way cheap soon.

And I love those flying pigs...

Suzy said...

Oh I hate the stuffiness of motel rooms. I love to go away to stay but I am always looking for a window to open. I don't usually find one though.
Yum asparagus!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done on the scales moving in the right direction for you.

Kathryn said...

I will take photos of the diving pigs and maybe even a video on my phone!

New hair is always good :D

Chubbymum said...

I reckon Dark Brown would look good on you hun... a change is always good.

Love to see the photo.

Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Isn't blueberry session the end of September????

I'm also an asparagus lover but usually end up getting the tinned ones as I can't wait for them to come out (at a reasonable price). Can't have a BBQ without asparagus on the table.

Photo, photo.

Name: Lynise said...

Most varieties of blueberries (in NZ) ripen around Christmas, but a few growers in Northland have varieties that ripen early December, although they do sell for a premium compared to the more common varieties.

Name: Lynise said...

PS: they should be in supermarkets from early dec through to mid april.