Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Best laid plans...

I really wanted to go for my run last night. And yes, Helena, I even would have done an extra 5km for you (not).

But the weather and the airline intervened. Quite a few planes got turned back from Wellington yesterday afternoon - couldn't land because of high winds. Which meant by the evening the schedule was pretty well stuffed.

So my flight was nearly 90 minutes late (and it was one of the worst landings I've ever had). By the time I got home just after 8 o'clock, there was no way I was putting on my sneakers and heading out the door.

Now I just have to make sure I follow the 'never skip two days in a row' rule and move my butt today. Preferably on my new bike.

6 comments:

M@rla said...

Getting home at 8:00 after a bad flight = drinking martinis instead of running.

That is the rule.

Chris H said...

This is why a treadmill at home is sooooo handy mate! And I don't envy you the windy bumpy landing in Wellington, those ones give me the shits!!!!

LBTEPA said...

What M@rla said LOL

Anne said...

Our daughter had to fly to Auckland last night - her comments - bumpy as hell. Don't blame you not going out after that, hope you manage moving your butt today:-)

Kathryn said...

Bummer about the flight, it's so frustrating when that kind of stuff happens.

Helena said...

awww you are so sweet offering to shave my legssssssss ... but it might be the only kink I get these days, so might coerce hubs into doing it LMAO! Waxing sounds like a great idea, but the abdominal reaction required to ease the pain prolly isnt such a great idea at the mo ... I'll just wander around hairy and proud for a wee bit longer :D