Monday, September 08, 2008

In the zone?

The first week of duathlon training went really well. The weekend 10km ride got pushed to 12km, and as well as my run/walk session yesterday we went for a great MTB ride in the reserve near where our caravan is parked at the moment. I have to admit though, some of those steep climbs were pretty hard on the thighs after running only a couple of hours earlier.

I am enjoying having a structured training schedule again. Although I was exercising most days before, it was easy to slack off by doing slightly fewer exercises or less distance. Now I have my expectations down in writing, I'm much more likely to hit my targets. For instance last week Craig didn't feel like going to the gym one day, so I did circuit training at home instead of using that as an excuse to do nothing.

Of course not wanting to be shown up by my workmates adds extra motivation!

Also, Craig and I have decided to do the 50km ride at Waikanae again this year. That's mid-October, so 5 weeks before the duathlon.

Eating-wise, still feeling my way, but enjoying this style of eating much more than a rigid plan. I'm paying most attention to portion sizes and getting rid of mindless eating.

I get a whole week at home this week too, which is nice. Off to Christchurch next week as we have a new company down there, so some poor sucker needs to be trained on the World According to Sue.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Does sound like you are in the zone! Having something like not wanting to be shown up by your workmates must be a huge motivator.

Careful on that bike!

FREEDOM said...

When will u be in Chch Sue-I am there some of this week too maybe we could do a coffee???
If u still have my email address or mobile number drop me a note if it suits

Felicity

Lainey said...

Hi Sue

I'm so glad you are back blogging again. I honestly thought you were gone forever!

Sounds like you are going great guns. Good on ya lady.

Lainey x