Sunday, October 12, 2008

The body hurts

This morning Craig and I did our 50km ride at Waikanae. I did it in 2 hours and 1 minute, and Craig came in about 10 minutes after me. Last year it took us 2 hours and 30 minutes.

The improvement isn't quite as dramatic as it sounds - last year we did it on mountain bikes with knobbly tyres. Still on mountain bikes this year, but with road tyres, which makes a huge difference. The other big difference - a lovely still day today, whereas last year the northerly was gusting 100km an hour!

Still, very pleased with our times.

Has been another great weekend - weather at the caravan yesterday was lovely, so we just pottered about and spent a fair bit of time lounging in the sun. Came straight home after the ride this morning so Craig could watch Bathhurst. I've done a bit of gardening and some snoozing on the couch.

Our time at the caravan always feels like a holiday - the weekends just seem longer somehow.

4 comments:

Zanna said...

Wow I am so impressed with your time - here's me thinking I'm quite smart doing about 8 kms in 20minutes on an exercise bike in an airconditioned gym .... and there's no way I could continue for over six times longer. Z xx

Anne said...

You did really well cutting back the time from last year's efforts! 50k's - phew - I think I'll stick to the pool.

Kathryn said...

Well done, and an improvement is an improvement - it's just the same as if you were doing a running race in better shoes than last year, isn't it???

Chris H said...

Summer is coming, isn't it neat!