Monday, October 13, 2008

Motivation Monday

What's motivating me today? The ride yesterday.

Well, not the actual ride, but the way it felt when I finished. I was absolutely knackered, absolutely everything hurt and it was absolutely fantastic!

I set myself a really hard target and got so close to it the minute and half really doesn't matter that much.

I'd forgotten how good that feeling is - setting your sights high and knowing you worked like hell to reach them.

So, time for another target - my duathlon times. Forget about pissing about with whimpy targets like just finishing the damn thing - I know I can do that.

The distances? 2.5km run/20km cycle/5km run

Target one - no walking, not even in transition
Target two - one hour and 50 minutes (I really want to type two hours there, but I'm not letting myself)

5 comments:

Shauna said...

bloody brilliant sue! you sound so fired up, woohoo :)

Apple2Hourglass said...

You're on fire girl, you can do it, you know you can!

Anne said...

Motivation plus!

Apple2Hourglass said...

Hello young lady, thanks for checking up on me. I'm good, just haven't had time to update, will try and do a quickie now to stop people worrying. I forgot that I hadn't updated since my 24 melt down! That was a week ago. Sheesh, i'm a slacker aren't I ??

Julie's Journey said...

Atta girl. Set the targets high. The sky's the limit. You know you can do it.
(I used to be a coach in another life!)