Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Irony

Two and a half years since I wrote the last post on this blog (about retiring from running), and I'm about to embark on a running course!

Lots of reasons for this - and for writing about it here.

I've always felt I let running beat me. Did I hate it because I sucked at it, or did I suck at it because I hated it?

I've tried running again a few times since then. When we went to Outward Bound in June 2009, we had to be able to run 3km in 25 minutes, so I tried to build up to running that far. Trouble is, I can walk it in that time, so I never really had to push myself.

Have tried to do the Couch to 5K thing a couple of times too, but always fizzled out after a couple of weeks.

Now I've signed up for Up & Running, an online running course designed specifically for women. I'm going to track my progress here - not tell you what the course involves as such (because that would be giving it away), but how I'm feeling about it.

And why am I going to write about it here? This blog charted some pretty major changes in my life.

There's a job to finish.

1 comment:

Chris H said...

Good on you for giving it another go... have you figured out yet if you love running though???

I know I have NEVER been able to run. I HATE IT... so there is no incentive to give it a go!

But anyway.... I hope you enjoy it as you seem determined to give it a go.

ONWARD...