Saturday, September 02, 2006

September week one

So, how did my warm-up run at keeping promises to myself go?

Food:
All good on the breakfasts.
Eating out (which turned into three nights, not two) was mostly good. Two of the meals were at other people's places, which removes some of the control, but both served lovely healthy meals. I didn't exceed my wine allowance, had a couple of scorched almonds after one meal and the worst indulgence was some garlic pita bread at Cezanne on Thursday night.
Avoided the chocolates and other sweets, except for a piece of chocolate cake when the boss had his birthday shout. Well, it would be rude not to! (actually I know that's not true, he wouldn't have worried about it at all) At another morning tea I had half a bran muffin.

Exercise:
All good. Did 2 x HIIT sessions, a 60 minute walk and 30 minutes on the cross trainer in my four days.

And the outcome - 1kg lost.

So, now it's September, although it's still not feeling much like spring. I have a calmer week ahead of me, but Mark is away all week. This poses the difficulty that I will be at home on my own in the evening quite a bit, with all the temptations of the pantry at my disposal. My promises for the next week are...

Food:
All main meals to fit with NoCount, except I will allow myself takeaways one night. Emily and I will encourage each other to eat well on Monday night. On Tuesday night I have rugby prizegiving - if the food we serve doesn't fit with the plan, I'll have dinner when I get home.
No more than 5 glasses of wine in the week.
All daytime snacks to be fruit and vegetables. Each evening I can have snacks totaling no more than 2 points.

Exercise:
I'll have time for a good week this week.
3 x HIIT, 7 minutes each
3 x resistance at the gym
1 x aqua class
2 x 45 minutes walks

13 comments:

Lee said...

Congratulations on the 1kg gone - especially since you managed to not let your eating restrict you too much during the week.

(You posted this extremely early for a Saturday morning!)

Kathryn said...

Well done. I love scorched almonds - dunno if I could stop at a couple :)

Ang said...

wow! It just goes to show what can happen when you really knuckle down! 1kg i AWESOME!

I meant to thank you on my blog as well - It was reading your blog that first gave me the motivation to get into togs and try Aqua. So THANKS! I loved it.

Kt said...

welldone on the great loss :)

Briony said...

I love your theory on promises, fits in well with Kathryn's "stop dicking around". I think i'll try and make some promises to myself this week too. Thanks for the (continuing) inspiration!!
Bri

Anonymous said...

You're off to a really great start Sue, well done! You sound really focused.

Karen said...

Well done on your great loss hun! That is awesome!!! Great work indeed! I love your goals that you are setting yourself each week :) And say hi to Emily from me :)

Melli said...

Verrrrrry nicely done! Good for you! I've been bad with my eating this weekend... I really have to get back to that "diet" commitment! Exercise is good though! That's part of the problem with the eating - I know I do a LOT of exercise -- so I think I can eat! And if I were mearly "maintaining" that would all be fine and good! But I really want to lose... so I must get back to that! (at least I'm not gaining though...)

Suzy said...

Well done on sticking to your plan and losing a kilo! That's fantastic!
Happy 1st of Spring. Hope September is good to you.

Rachel said...

Congratulations on the 1kgs loss.....MAJOR!!

Love reading your weekly goals are they sound realistic and achievable, good luck:)

Ails said...

Woohoo! congrats on the 1kg loss - that's fantastic :)

All the best for the week ahead!

sandii said...

i just found your blog and wanted to say i think you look like Sharon Stone!

what an amazing journey, you look fabulous, you've made great changes and you're an inspiration.
:-)

Kenz said...

Well done Sue!! It's always great to know that we CAN eat out and still succeed :) You kick ass.