Wednesday, November 29, 2006

And back home again

Flew back from Auckland last night. I was starving when I got to the airport at 5pm - I'd been racing round like a mad thing all afternoon, so I hadn't had a bite to eat since lunch. Airports are notorious for having only shit food (usually dripping in grease) for sale, but luckily I managed to get a banana and a bottle of water at the cafe.

I'm home for over two weeks now! My next scheduled trip isn't until the 14th of December, so fingers crossed no unscheduled ones will come up! Next week will be the first whole week I've been home since the beginning of August.

I've decided to add some emotional stuff into the Brutal Honesty Campaign. Each day in Week Two will include my thoughts on things like 'Why was I fat?' and 'Is my life better now?'. I've always said I'm not too good at the self-analysis thing, and this could be part of the reason I haven't made it to goal. Because I still have things to deal with.

In the meantime, just the food and exercise summaries...

Week One Day Four summary

Breakfast: cereal with soy milk
Lunch: Caesar salad (scrummy, but probably too many fat-soaked croutons)
Dinner: Grilled lamb rump, golden kumara, pumpkin and peas - and mint sauce, of course
Snacks: two nectarines, some baby carrots, a banana, a pear
Treats: glass of wine and five of Mark's Starburst lollies
Slips: a second glass of wine...
Exercise: 45 minute walk in the morning

4 comments:

Kellee said...

Scary stuff. The self-analysis thing can be pretty daunting, can't it? I reckon they should warn you about all the emotional stuff before you embark on a journey like this - otherwise it can be a bit of a shock. I know what you mean though... by 'facing your demons' you'll be more likely to stay at goal when you get there, which hopefully won't be too far away. Congratulations on taking control again.

Anonymous said...

Might be a good idea... the self analysis thing.... as long as you know the answers?! What if you don't? I still think of myself as "Fat and Ugly", so maybe I need to try it too. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I know that I'm still findng out things about me. I'm still not sure why I was fat - but I do know my life is better now. Maybe not because I've lost weight but just how I feel.

So would love to be there for your picnic - but the beach is calling and we are off (hopefully to get some crays for Christmas) I know you will all have a fun time and I know there will be another get together sometime! And if it rains - who knows I may turn up.

michelle said...

Gosh you are focused again. Enjoy the time at home. Soul searching is difficult, I know I never really allow myself to go too deeply into the past. good luck.